Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active 2 - Music app battery drain

(Topic created on: 21-10-2020 11:54 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi there,

I have a galaxy Watch Active 2 (not LTE) and since the new update my battery life has been terrible. I realised today it is the watch music app that now turns on whenever I have spotify, YouTube or twitch on. I never use the music app as I have spotify downloaded. There is no setting to turn it off so it just drains the battery really quickly. I'd have to turn off bluetooth which defeats the purpose of a smart watch. 

Is there a chance that we can get a disable button on the music app?

46 REPLIES 46
yuchuan
Student
Options

I have an Active2. I'm using Android 11 on Pixel3a XL. After updated to Tizen 5.5.0.1, this started happening to me.
It doesnt matter whether I play music on my phone or not. Sometimes the Music APP on the watch is draining battery at a rapid rate. Now the watch can't even last though the night for sleep monitoring. @Samsung please fix this!

Richard_G
Student
Options

i'm an android 11 user so have just given this a go. Will monitor over next couple of days. Battery crushed by music app again today!

oak2
Apprentice
Options

Yep. It basically will make the watch's music app go into "phone remote mode" whenever you play ANY media on your phone.  It even happened to me when Android Auto played in my car.  What an annoying bug!

Basically for now I have just installed the music widget on my watch so I can switch it back to speaker/watch mode easily.  If this becomes too tedious or they take forever to patch this bug, I'll simply disconnect the bluetooth connection between my phone/watch and use wifi on my watch at home.

WatchMe
First Poster
Options

Same for me. This is a HUGE issue. My watch was fine yesterday, but today I suddenly needed to charge it several times just to get through the day. Usually I can get through about two days of I need to. Very disappointing. Not enough battery life to make it worth wearing right now. It appears to be this music bug, and the problems even continue on power saving mode.

Ninja901
Apprentice
Options
Same issue for me. Last thing I did last night was take the watch of charge, it was at100%. I wore the watch overnight, in goodnight mode to prevent accidental battery drainage. when I got up this morning the battery was down to 62%. Checked the battery usage and 35% of the battery drain was down to the music player. Which can't be right as I was asleep! Samsung you have a gremlin!
CynthiaJS
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue. I took my watch off the charger this morning with 100% charge at 7:45. It is not 5:15 and I am at 47%. When I looked at what the battery was using it was the music app. I am not even listening to music. I had my audible app open; but not playing..... I need this to last more than 24 hours....

djparker17
First Poster
Options

Same issue here.  When playing any audio on my Galaxy S10 the Watch Active 2 music app switches to my phone as the audio source automatically, even when I manually switch the audio source to the watch. 

Samsung needs to address this. 

Ninja901
Apprentice
Options
As a temp fix I've found that if I disable the music player app via the Galaxy wearable app then I don't get the battery drain. Go to Widget's on the app and remove music player from the shown apps. I've kept Spotify, given its the only music player I use. I've only dropped 5% battery since 0900 this morning.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thank you for sharing, I don't have the music app widget active and still get the battery drain unless I switch the watch to watch only every time I start a new song. Maybe this could help someone else though.

0 Likes
Ninja901
Apprentice
Options
I also did a full reset and restore before disabling the widget. That might help as well.
0 Likes