Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active 2 Heart rate issues

(Topic created on: 31-12-2019 08:10 PM)
MattS2
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is having any similar issues to me re the heart rate tracking or could advise further.

Only got the watch a few days ago, but I've noticed I don't get a resting heart rate measurement for each day? It tracks my heart rate throughout the day but never gives me a RHR reading.

Also, I've just been swimming with the watch today, and the didn't track my heart rate at all - the sensor doesn't even light up on the back when I start a pool workout. Does anyone know if the watch is meant to be able to track when swimming? If so - any advice anyone can give?

I have the watch set to measure HR continuously too.

Cheers everyone!

69 REPLIES 69
CanuckinAU
Explorer
Options

There is nothing that would make me happier than for Samsung to have a decent quality watch with a fully functional heart rate monitor. Unfortunately this isn't that. 

I am hating the probability of joining the Apple universe but if that's what it takes for everything to work then so be it.

chagdes
First Poster
Options

Same issue as everyone else. The watch is about a week old and the first 4 days I had a RHR measurement every day. The last 3 have had --. I even tried resetting the watch. I get a heart rate continuously without any problems but no RHR... what gives?

active2problem
First Poster
Options

I workout 5x week and needed to guage my HR and calories burned. I bought an active2 from costco. NIce watch, lots of bells and whistles but the one feature I absolutlely needed was the heart rate and calories burned for my workouts. I can do without all the other fluff. There is no heart rate accuracy on this watch. Its all over the place. It says 36 when I wake up....Im fit but not that fit....and then it says 96 when Im having a conversation with my wife ...then it say 156 when I work out....and in a 10-15 seconds can go from 156 to 110....just no accuracy at all. And...if there's no accuracy on the HR then the model for gender, age, weight calories burned is by default also in accurate. Im bringing in back to Costco today and spending the monay on Jameson Irish wiskey!!!!

thor2000
Apprentice
Options

I have my heart rate working on my new Samsung Active 2 watch.  The HR is defaulted to manual.  You can tap MANUAL to get your HR or scroll to Auto HR setting.  There you can choose every X amount of minutes or continuous.  It works just fine.

Greg

JoEllen
Apprentice
Options

I have been having issues with galaxy active 2 heart rate measurements.  I just purchased the watch and coming from vera fitbit.  Had very responsive accurate heart rate measurements with fitbit.  The measurements on active 2 seem off and sluggish.  All other measurements seem ok.  But I watch heat rate often and this just doesn't seem reliable.   Called customer support and did a factory reset.   No change.   No software updates available for this feature.  It measures low or stays unchanged for long periods of time whether I'm exercising or sedentary.  When not wearing the watch it still shows a measurement.   Have tried all types of wearing adjustments.   No change.  Never had one problem with fit bit.  May be returning the watch which I really do not want to do because I love all other features. 

JoEllen
Apprentice
Options
Totally agree... having issues solely with heart rate monitor... this should be a primary function for a active wearable watch..and I expect more from Samsung. This isn't a first generation model.
JoEllen
Apprentice
Options
I agree fit bit tracked heart rate perfectly. Love this watch please fix it Samsung.
CanuckinAU
Explorer
Options

Nothing would make me happier than for Samsung to have a competitive or better watch than Apple. Would love to stay with the galaxy lineup. But this is a simple request and for some reason apples product is actually light years better. You can do better. Please Samsung.

thor2000
Apprentice
Options

Go into your heart rate settings and make sure you select "continuous" 

Mine is working flawlessly. 

thor2000
Apprentice
Options

The heart rate monitor works great.  It co. E's default to manually measure your rate when you want to.  However dig down into heart rate settings and select "continuous" or every 10 minutes.