Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy watch active 2 calorie burnt figures overestimated 2,5 times of a apple watch both worn during the same exercise

(Topic created on: 04-02-2020 09:41 AM)
levocil
First Poster
Options

1710 calories burnt1710 calories burnt740 calories burnt only740 calories burnt only

I just bought a galaxy watch active2 last week and I already have an apple watch sport, a couple days ago I had worn both watches during my morning walk and and the calorie burnt figures were very different from each other although the step counts nearly the same. I think there is an issue with the samsung galaxy watch 2 software about calorie count which should be corrected.

1 REPLY 1
hederamom
Explorer
Options

Wow, that is quite a difference. I've always felt my Watch Active2 overcounts calories during my walks, and undercounts during other much more vigorous activities. I've noticed that depending on the exercise mode -walking, circuit-training, etc., it always gives consistent number of calories burned per minute, no matter what I am actually doing.  I.E., enter circuit-training mode for 55 min and get the same calories burned, no matter what I actually did (including sitting, doing nothing). Definitely  not accurate calorie burning.

0 Likes