Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch active 2 burnt calories while off and asleep?

(Topic created on: 19-11-2020 03:53 AM)
Joeyc1
First Poster
Options

Face like Baywatch, software like crime watch.  watch!

I've chosen to turn my watch off (and phone) while I sleep. I woke up this morning, turned on my devices and I've already burnt 540 calories? Wtf?

In the time it's taken to write this it's risen to 609? What's going on? This watch is just a luxury, I'll just return it if I can't get a resolution.

Cheers

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Gworan
Apprentice
Options

Seems to me like samsung shows some average amount of burnt calories without any sort of activity. I mean, like you being alive burns some calories, and I think they show that, plus any extra caloreis burnt via activities. It's just that I noticed, after buying my watch (it was just just after lunchtime when I bought it) it aready showed like 1000 calories burnt, I assumed it's taking into account a normal calories burn amount (as a guy I burn around 2500 a day just by perfoming basic functions of having a heart beat and being alive). Also during sleep (while wearing the watch) it shows around 600 calories burnt in my sleep of ~ 8hr, which may be somewhat accurate. Correct me if I'm wrong.

EUPHORIC
First Poster
Options

@Joeyc1 wrote:

Face like Baywatch, software like crime watch.  watch!

I've chosen to turn my watch off (and phone) while I sleep. I woke up this morning, turned on my devices and I've already burnt 540 calories? Wtf?

In the time it's taken to write this it's risen to 609? What's going on? This watch is just a luxury, I'll just return it if I can't get a resolution.

Cheers

It's depends what do you mean "watch off". If you turned off watch at all. I mean black screen, no reacting in any touch and push. Then is strange, but maybe it counted yours last burned calories. You know the same how is with steps couting. Some steps is counting a little bit later. For example some people saying 10 min later is counting some steps too which you did 10 minutes ago. Sorry my language is not english, but i hope you understand what i mean.

But if you mean just turned off display, that's normal that while you sleeping is counting calories. I read before first smart watch at all was created in the world that ours bodies calories is burning all the time while we: stting, sleeping, walking and etc. There is no need at all to do sport activity at all. But calories is burning much more slowly then

0 Likes
hederamom
Explorer
Options

Everyone has a basal metabolic rate by just existing - calories burned based on your weight, height and age.

Mine is approximately 54 cal's per hour.  So it starts logging calories burned from midnight, start of new day, even if your watch is not on, or not wearing.  So as long as you are alive....

0 Likes