Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch active 2 burning wrist

(Topic created on: 25-01-2022 03:12 AM)
Agus Tin
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I've had the Active 2 for more than a year, but during the last month, such discomfort (burning like) has started.

First I was able to stand it all the day, then I had to start switching from one arm to another, this last week, I can stand it only 1-2 hours before having to change it from left to right or from top to bottom.

I haven't get any bruises nor any visual signs of burning, but the sensation is there and I'm sure is not related with the band.

Last day, I read a "workaround" about turning off health sensors, which I did, and although I still have the burning sensation in both arms from using it the past days, last day I was able to stand it for 6 hours without any increase on the discomfort.

I'd say turning the sensors off work, but then I got the smartwatch mainly because of the step counting and workouts 😞

NOTE: I'm hoping I raised the comment with the right team this time, because in another community I was told to share it with the UK team.

Regards

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
You say that, for more than a year, you have had no problems. Now, over the course of the last month, you are experiencing a "burning" sensation...

Although there is no evidence of an actual burn or rash, I would take a guess at there being a potential issue with the watch's battery, in that it is slowly discharging the chemical stored within the battery, causing this reaction. In this case, I'd have the battery checked out, in case I am right. Not only will you potentially prevent skin damage, if the battery is indeed leaking, worst-case scenario is that you might actually have to replace the watch, due to chemical leakage causing irreversible damage to the internals of your watch.
0 Likes
Agus Tin
Apprentice
Options

Hi Steven, thanks for your comment. I don't think this is related with a battery leaking problem.

I'm unsure whether you read the part where I mention that based on another's thread advice, I turned the health sensors off; and by doing so, I was able to stand the watch mostly the entire day.

Based on this, I'll say there is something happening with the sensors, I'll give it a try for a couple of days more with the sensors off and see if the discomfort goes away totally.

Thanks again for you input

AndrewL
Options

@Agus Tin: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this discomfort. Please can you take a look at the link below for tips on how to wear the Galaxy Watch Active, to see if any of the suggestions improve your experience? 

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-wear-the-galaxy-watch-active-correctly/

0 Likes
Agus Tin
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew,

I don't think this is related to the way I wear it, I mean, not sure whether you noticed in my original post: I've been wearing this watch for a year and a couple of months, and it's only last month that the discomfort started little by little.

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I refer back to my original reply. It would do no harm to let Samsung take a look at the possibility of it being a battery leak. It is certainly one of the 1st things I would consider. Other than that, the sensor on he back of the watch only emits light, so I doubt that, all of a sudden, the sensor light is the root cause.
0 Likes
namakb
First Poster
Options

I have had my Galaxy Active 2 for about the same amount of time and I am experiencing the same thing. My cousin bought the Galaxy 4 not too long ago and she also had a burn on her wrist.

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @namakb, I'm sorry to hear about what you and your cousin have experienced. Can you both please DM us to @Sam_UK so that us moderators can take a closer look at your watches, and advise you further? If your cousin doesn't have any way to respond on our Community page, they can use any of our other contact methods, which you can find here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

0 Likes
Galaxy Active 2 watc
First Poster
Options

Burn spots on wrist.  Like the other comments here, I have worn my Galaxy Active 2 watch quite a while but in the last couple of weeks have begun finding tiny burn spots on my wrist which would be under the face of the watch.  At the moment I have 3 nasty spots.  Today I tried switching wrists and after an hour had a sensation like a mosquito bite and then found a burn spot on that wrist. I am so disappointed because I really like this watch and have it finally set up the way I like it.  What's happening, Samsung?   I looked at your information about where to place the watch and I am doing that correctly.  I bought the watch for the health sensors and don't want to turn them off.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hey there, @Galaxy Active 2 watc. Thanks for sharing your experience with the Watch2 Active. We'd definitely like to look into this matter for you, as we would expect your smartwatch to be very comfortable. 

Are you based in the UK or Ireland? If so, please send a private message to @Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other moderators will be able to get this matter escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes