Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active 2 Backlight brightness

(Topic created on: 03-05-2021 11:04 AM)
JB-91
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

can someone please help me figure out how can I adjust the watch BACKLIGHT brightness. 

In the display settings I can only set the overall brightness of the watch.  This means that I set the brightness of the display when it's active and then the backlight brightness is automatically set accordingly.

What I'd like is to have the screen brightness set to e.g. 5 or 6 (bright enough) and when the watch isnt in "active" mode and the backlight always on kicks in, I would like it to be less bright than it is set automatically. 

This is for example easily set up on my Suunto smartwatch and I'd expect it should be possible also on this beautifull Samsung smartwatch - it saves battery!

Thank you in advance for any information.

BR, JB

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@JB-91: It's not quite what you have described above, however you can set up the Watch Active 2 to adjust the screen brightness automatically based on ambient light conditions. To do this, head to Settings > Display > Auto Low Brightness > On. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
With the always on function you have limited control over the brightness when the watch is not active its either bright or dim no in-between, like the moderator said active auto low brightness and it should help alot or use a watch face with an always on display that takes up less of the screen
0 Likes
JB-91
Journeyman
Options

I'm not sure where my last reply went to - I cant see it on this topic. 

Anyway, yes, I have played with "auto low brightness", but it doesnt work all the time as I'd like - for example sometimes when in dark room / evening, even tho this is set, it shines really bright. Another time when it's a bright day and I'm outside, i cant see the time even tho it should automatically adjust. 

Sometimes, it does work OK and as I'd like, but sometimes it also doesnt, which is a shame..

adding 1 additional option, to manually adjust the brightness of the always on watchface in inactivity would help me here and shouldn't be a problem.

Thx for the replys.

0 Likes