Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 5 - slow charging

(Topic created on: 24-08-2022 04:04 PM)
RichRocks1976
Apprentice
Options

Can someone please explain why Samsung have stated that the watch will charge quickly. I put my watch on a Samsung wireless dual fast charger and from 13% to fully charged is 1hr 58 minutes. Not great Samsung. Miss sold I feel.

4 REPLIES 4
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
Try the actual charger that came with the watch n see if it makes any difference.
RichRocks1976
Apprentice
Options
You have to buy a type C charger. You'd think a Samsung wireless fast charger would cut it wouldn't you?
Rickolas2001
Pioneer
Options

Which charger are you using?  There's fast, and there's superfast.

Depending on what your charger will output, will determine what your watch wireless puck will deliver.

Are you using a USB-C port on the mains charger? or are you using a USB-A to C adapter?  This will make a huge difference

0 Likes
Jeepmb
First Poster
Options

I can only agree. I have been also very disappointed in the charging speed.

I have both the Dual Fast Charger and the Type-C magnetic fast-charge puck the watch came with. I have tried both with the Samsung power brick, an Anker 20W, and Anker 65W Super Fast Charger. When measuring the power being delivered to either wireless charger, the Watch 5 gets at max 2.6w of power. I also measured my old Watch 4, and it too only received about 2.5w of power. Considering the Watch 5 is supposed to charge at up to 10W, something seems off.

0 Likes