Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 5 PRO stops recording run exercise in the middle of training

(Topic created on: 15-02-2023 05:43 PM)
Members_3onwUwn
Apprentice
Options

When I'm recording a run, sometimes my training stops, without any prompt or notification. It happens usually when I get notification about daily target completed or Inactive Time Alert (which is weird cause I'm in run).
It's veeery annoying cause it usually happens durning some of exercises from Samsung Health Training Programs so I have to start training from the begin to have it marked as completed... (or add fake training manually and remove it later but it's ugly workaround) and because of that my training it's not fully recorded, it's cut at some point and I have no information about VO2 max and advanced run parameters in this record.
I have Samsung galaxy Watch5 Pro for about 1 month and it happened already 3 times...

#Galaxy Watch5 Pro

18 REPLIES 18
brentgold
Apprentice
Options

Do you start it yourself or autostart it? Starting it yourself manually may help prevent that. I haven't seen this problem yet, but I just got mine.

0 Likes
Members_3onwUwn
Apprentice
Options

I start it by myself (it's a training from the Samsung plan so it must be started manually).
Issue happened 3 more times since I started this topic... it also happens on my girlfriend's Watch5 40mm...
SAMSUNG please do something with that...! what I noticed training app freezes and stops during switch pace phase. I'm sure you are aware about this issue, it should have highest prio in your backlog cause it's extremely annoying. My training have no all run data when it happens (no VO2max, no advanced run params, training is not fully recorded/ or splitted if I notice it and start again)
Does anyone know how can I raise some official ticket for this issue to Samsung?

mmark0v
Student
Options
Hi, I have same problem and I've been looking for an answer for some time.
Is there any solution about this?

The exercise stopping automatically on the 20:03 minutes every time I start any exercise manually.

I've read other posts suggesting that something happened in one of the updates back in 2022 and to fix the lroblem I need to reset the watch and then restore from backup, which I did but that didn't helped.

It's very annoying that tracking is stopping in the middle of my workout, I can't measure it properly like that.

Samsung, after you ruined the weight management in your app you now ruin other bits of your products. I'm seriously considering switching to a competitor solution after the struggle with your product updates.
Gustavo Leig
Student
Options

Same is happening to me, the running workout stops sometimes with 5 minutes or 10... Not sure what to do.

adgbeveridge
First Poster
Options

Also have this issue. It only happens on a custom fitness program, not the built-in activities like running or pushups. 

0 Likes
Godswilla
First Poster
Options

Its happening to me and I exclusively use the built in activities. Really a pain 

Ade0410
Explorer
Options
This has just started happening to me although I've had my Watch 5 Pro since launch. I start a run manually then it stops recording without my input. Did a10k race today and started the watch on the start line. Kept checking my pace for the first half then checked again starting back and it has stopped so had to start it again. So I've got two lots of data for one run. It's only started happening in the past week. No idea why but it's very frustrating. Be good to get a solution.
Andy34
Apprentice
Options

This has also happened to me. Start running then for no apparent reason just stops, flaming annoying. The stoppage does seem to coincide with the automatic verbal updates or a notification. I've also put the watch 5pro on water lock when program is running as the weather has been pretty miserable. This did help! Stopped my jacket interfering with the watch face. Alas it happened again last night just 3 minutes before completing a 5k!!

Very annoying as stayed true to the brand but now thinking I should of gone Garmin. SORT IT OUT 

Nimrod78
First Poster
Options
Any answers or fixes on this? Same is happening to me
0 Likes