Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Overheat in LTE only mode

(Topic created on: 08-02-2023 08:44 PM)
Martin Alkema
Journeyman
Options

Hi.

The fact that the Galaxy watches over heat is not a new thing, but I thought I'll tell you about my interaction with this watch and Samsung.

I'm from South Africa, and I got the Watch on a contract at a store not related to Samsung. When i discovered the overheating issue, I phoned Samsung, but they stated, because I got the device at a store not related to Samsung, they can't help me.

So I went through the repair processes of the other store. Each time there advance repaired department couldn't replicate the same issue, but because I had a video of this issue and because the issue was reported within 7 days each time, they just replaced the watch.

So I went through this process 4 times, and all four watches had the same issue.

So I took it up again with Samsung and because it happened 4 times, they took it more serious, but only till a point. Samsung wanted me to take the watch to one of there repair shops, but I told them I can't because the device was bought under contract with a store not related to them. Then Samsung said, "We'll in that case we can't assist you", and they closed the support ticket, without resolving this known issue of overheating.

I did not accept the closing of the ticket, so I opened another support ticket and I explained to Samsung that they can contact the store and request one of the 4 faulty  watches, because I did discuss this to the store manager. So finally Samsung stated that they will contact the unrelated store manager to get one of the faulty devices.

So... where are we now? I don't know, I haven't heard any thing from Samsung yet.

Hopefully they will resolve this issue, because without LTE only mode, the watch is useless to me. So i might switch to Apple. We'll see.

Cheers

Martin

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Bye
0 Likes
Lordlinley
Pioneer
Options
Hi did u ever get this sorted
0 Likes
Martin Alkema
Journeyman
Options

Hi Journeyman

No I did not. And there was no help from Samsung regarding this issue. The deal was canceled completely. So i wasn't charged for the devices. I pleaded and pleaded with samsung for answers but the didn't seem interested in resolving this issue. I got the feeling they knew about the issue, and still pushed this product to the market, knowing it had an issue. They did not seem to want to get answers why 4 deices had the very same issue out of the box.

0 Likes
Lordlinley
Pioneer
Options
Do u have any contact details for anyone higher in Samsung
0 Likes
Martin Alkema
Journeyman
Options

No I don't. I tried to speak to someone higher at Samsuck regarding this matter, but no one seemed interested in this matter.

0 Likes