Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 5 pro - google assistant not working

(Topic created on: 03-09-2022 08:07 PM)
Th0r
Explorer
Options

Hi all,

does anyone has this issue with google assistant not working on the watch? I can install it but when I am trying to set it up (via the phone), it just opened my google news feed and nothing else is happening. (the same as when you swipe your phone to the right from home screen). I've rebooted my phone and factory reset my watch. Same things keeps happening. Thanks
14 REPLIES 14
ScottWalker
Apprentice
Options

You've got me beat. It pulls up a white square on whatever app is open on my phone. Just sits there forever. 

Th0r
Explorer
Options
I had it in working once (after setting it up from unboxing). Then I started to have problem with Google wallet which made me reset it again for. The Google problem started then. This is very annoying, not only the new hardware for temperature sensor is not active yet, I'm now having these 2 issues.
Rutjan666
Pioneer
Options

Same here guys, now I'm feeling less lonely and it's seems like it's a wider issue.

It's probable Google disabled the possibility for newcomers to add Google Assistant as the default one because of battery drain.

turbodlr
First Poster
Options

ditto

LandLockedPH
Apprentice
Options

@Th0r wrote:
Hi all,

does anyone has this issue with google assistant not working on the watch? I can install it but when I am trying to set it up (via the phone), it just opened my google news feed and nothing else is happening. (the same as when you swipe your phone to the right from home screen). I've rebooted my phone and factory reset my watch. Same things keeps happening. Thanks

Same issue... originally setup just fine on Galaxy Watch 5.  Then I had issues with the Timer app causing me to reset the watch.  Now when attempting to complete setup, I get a spinning white box.  Extremely frustrating!  It's still within the return window.  I'm about done with it.
BTW.. I have it setup on previous watch (Watch 4 Classic) and still working fine.

LandLockedPH
Apprentice
Options

I found this on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/x4eqyr/i_cant_activate_google_assistant/

I've followed the steps from slagg3r to remove myself from the Search Beta and retried setting up my watch.  It WORKED flawlessly.  Give it a shot.. good luck!

Th0r
Explorer
Options
So you reset your watch again?
LandLockedPH
Apprentice
Options

I didn't this time.... but I had reset it last night and not tried again this morning until applying this fix.  So maybe that helped?

smg1
Helping Hand
Options
I have tried every suggestion that's here..and thank you everyone BUT I'm still stuck not being able to set up Google Assistant. I hope we can find a solution or receive an dpdate soo as this is very frustrating.
Samsung S22 Ultra and Galaxy Watch 5 pro
0 Likes