Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 5 pro counting steps whilst swimming

(Topic created on: 30-11-2022 04:40 PM)
Heaneygb
Journeyman
Options
Is there anyway to disable/pause step accumulation whilst swimming? There's a way to pause step counting on the phone for the phone, surely when you select a swimming session there is a way for the step count to be paused until you press finish so that it stops adding 2000-4000 steps to my daily step counts as its throwing out my calories and step targets. 
14 REPLIES 14
A-FAST-ASSISTsimple
Pathfinder
Options
Maybe take off the watch and lock it somewhere safe during swimming.
0 Likes
Heaneygb
Journeyman
Options
I want to wear my watch to track my swim hense my selecting of the specific swimming function, however i only want it to track my swim and the calories burnt, whereas, its tracking my swim as well as adding steps and the calories associated with doing a miles worth of steps. Essentially almost doubling my activity.
0 Likes
A-FAST-ASSISTsimple
Pathfinder
Options
Then I can't help I'm not a expert but what you could do is ask a question to a samsung worker
0 Likes
Heaneygb
Journeyman
Options
I did, they told me to leave any suggestions i may have on the Community page from where the Development team will take on board any comments i choose to leave. So i have 🤣
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Buddy (unfortunately) don't expect much advance support from Galaxy watch 5 pro or Galaxy watch in general

It's being designed for the people who are wagging plastic dumbbells and walking around the living room for steps

The watch seems to have solid hardware however as you are experiencing the backup software is done by few year 3 school boys during their toilet break, so don't expect much

Saying that, I personally haven't seen any posts of same problem before.

What you can do is TURN OFF AUTO DETECTION OF WALKING 🚶, try it out and keep up with your health activities. 👋
0 Likes
Heaneygb
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the advice, Will give that a bash see if it makes a difference 👌 could be to do with the auto detection to be fair.
I honestly dont see how hard it would be to program that specific activity to pause step counting, seems crazy how they arent able to figure it out!
Thanks for your helpful suggestion pal
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Or - you could try swimming without using your legs and feet to propel yourself through the water!! 😁😁😁
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Absolutely, this Samsung app does things upside down..

For example.. Deadlifts, anywhere on earth, when one talks about Deadlifts the next thing is, how much "weight" one can lift and record the Weight

With Samsung.. There is no weight option, rather it asks how long you were "standing up on the gym floor" and rewards you for the time 🤣🤣🤣

Life is upside down with Galaxy watch..

Tc 👋
0 Likes
Heaneygb
Journeyman
Options
So unfortunately no luck, went and did a half mile this morning started at 0906 finished at 0925, actual swim time 17:32 and apparently did 1413 steps between 0900-0930 🤦 worth a bash though 👍 the saga continues 🤣 maybe someone from samsung will do their job and help to find a solution 🤷 🤣