Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 5 pro - Camera controller issue on A52s

(Topic created on: 06-05-2023 07:45 PM)
Nick_5
Apprentice
Options
I recently bought a Watch 5 pro and found that I can not use the camera controller app if used in connection with a smartphone of A series (mine is A52s). I learned this from YouTube after I couldn't find and install the app from the Galaxy store. 
In conclusion if you want to use all the facilities offered by the Watch 5 pro you must own a premium phone (Samsung is not fair, nobody say something about that in specifications). 
Does anyone know more details about it? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Nick_5, It is normal that not all function are supported by midrange phones. In the app description you can find list of supported phones

- Phone : S22, S22+, S22 ULTRA, S21, S21+, S21 ULTRA, S21 FE, S20, S20+, S20 ULTRA, S20 FE, S10, S10+, S10e, S10 Lite, S9, S9+, Note20, Note20 Ultra, Note10, Note10+, Note10 Lite, Note9, Z Fold, Z Fold2, Z Fold3, Z Flip, Z Flip3 models

https://galaxystore.samsung.com/geardetail/com.samsung.cameracontroller

0 Likes
Nick_5
Apprentice
Options
Maybe it is normal for you! My phone is running same operating system Android 13 (UI 5.1) so I think there is not a software or hardware issues.
So I'm not happy with your suggestion, the people who own Galaxy A series cannot use some function of Watch 5pro, just because they haven't a premium series phone?! Not fair at all.
And by the way, this information must be on Watch 5 pro specifications and not on the camera controller app. I haven't access on my phone to see this app on galaxy store!
Members_KfUn7Yz
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. SAMSUNG IS TOTALLY UNFAIR ON THIS POINT FOR TOTALLY IGNORING IT'S LOYAL OLD CUSTOMERS, AND INSTEAD OF LOOKING AFTER THEM, THEY ARE PUNISHING THEM BY NOT OFFERING THEM THIS "CAMERA CONTROLLER APP" FACILITY LOADABILITY ON THIER WATCH5 PRO IF THEY HAVE AN A51,A52... ETC EXCELLENT PHONES, WHICH INCIDENTALLY THEY ARE STILL SELLING WITHOUT TELLING THEIR CUSTOMERS THAT THEY ARE NOT FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH THIER SAMSUNG WATCHES!!!

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS, & I WOULD LIKE SAMSUNG TO RECTIFY THIS IMMEDIATELY BY OFFERING US THE POSSIBILITY TO UPLOAD THE CAMERA CONTROLLER, & ANSWER TO ALL OF US WHO STILL HAVE THE "A51 ETC..." SERIES PHONES.