Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy watch 5 pro 'bespoke' ordering shambles

(Topic created on: 21-08-2022 10:14 AM)
Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options

So i told myself I wasnt going to buy this one, then instantly caved and purchased. Didnt really like the £400 price tag but with trade-in £300 seemed better. 

I went through the whole debacle of trying to find out why I couldnt trade in my existing watch 4, wasnt eligable apparently,  I finally decided on that meaning they didnt want to have to knock more than £100 off the price. 

Anyway I got a frontier S3 (which I always loved - so they NOT having that), a galaxy watch (ugly silver one) and the watch after that that my son is using - so I decided on them having the ugger silver thing. 

I also noticed that the 5 pro was like £430 in normal form - but £400ish via the 'bespoke' page - due to the strap of choice being cheaper than the magnetic standard one. Foolishly I assumed that designing my watch via the bespoke would have someone put that together and box it as it was on the page, I ordered and quickly got dispatch info for the strap and the watch (processing)

At order stage both said 21st Aug dispatch date , but allowed me to pick a date and select a 'slot'. I payed £3.99 for a slot for the morning of the 21st , and had to pay that twice for the watch and strap. thinking that 'IF' they come in the same box - I will demand £3.99 back! 

the strap came the next day (as its just a basic watch 4 strap so nothing special) , but that annoyed me as Id paid for the morning of 21st as Id arranged for people to be around to take the order in, obviously had to rearrange for the new date at short notice. and assuming I would have got it just a quick If Id just selected the free option. 

Now I got an email saying the watch is delayed... got on to samsung and they now mentioned 4th september ? I heard of a port strike which might be to blame? 

Anyway  - talking to samsung about this, I think the problem for me is using the bespoke service. If I would have ordered the basic watch 5 pro, id probably already have it now, or get it today. 

Im gathering by all this, that if you use the bespoke service, they send you a strapless watch in some form? I assume from a technical point of view its classed as a different thing to the default watch 5 pro, hence the difference in stocking. 

Im now being told that I will have to wait for the whole thing to come before I can 'try' to get the delivery charge back for both items. I already have the strap - but dont think I should pay for a specific day/time slot when they just totally ignored that slot anyway. Obviously I will get the delivery charge back for the watch as they wont meet that slot anyway - but they said this will be automatic once the item eventually delivers. 

so in conclusion - DO NOT try to use the bespoke service - its a shambolic mess. Its like shooting yourself in the foot. Keep it basic, dont confuse them with options. just buy the basic - then buy the strap separate , ideally, dont by a £35 silicone strap from samsung as its not worth the sub of its parts AT ALL. 

18 REPLIES 18
Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options

well thats that - i have to wait ... cant change it (did wonder if I could swap out the not available bespoke strappless watch for a standard pro 5 and pay the £30 difference just to get it sooner - but no) and cant cancel the order apparently cause I already have the strap. 

even tried to argue that they should at the very least refund me £3.99 for the strap being delivered on the wrong day than I paid for .... but apparently they cant even do that till I actually have the watch. 

why if buying from samsung such a vile and stressful experience !? 

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
There is an 8 day strike going ahead at one of the UK's biggest container ports, so expect delays.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
T3LF
Pioneer
Options
That should be irrelevant for an order I made on Friday night which said available for delviery Sunday. The items should of already cleared Felixstowe.
0 Likes
Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options
Just the inflexibility and disinterest of Samsung customer service is the worst here. I love Samsung products, but UK customer service is disgustingly ignorant. It's like they have my £400 and just given me the finger.
Jackie Le Chang
First Poster
Options

Well it definitely just isn't the bespoke service.  My standard Galaxy Watch 5 Pro is delayed.  Just a daily email to say delayed.  I too paid for a specific date and time etc.

Though I decided to trade my Frontier S3 (which I did love until the bezel stopped spinning).  

0 Likes
bczalgiris
Student
Options
I ordered on the 17 of August and meant to arrive on the 26 of August.

Now saying it should arrive by the 9 of September. From the order to get it almost one month! It's bloody ridiculous. Support said if you are not happy, you can cancel your order. Awful service
0 Likes
Members_ajWSvRd
First Poster
Options

I ordered mine on the 12th August, so showing as preparing despatch, CS can offer me nothing in a way of an answer as to why or when I can expect delivery. This is the first time I have pre-ordered something like this and was eagerly waiting for the 26th. This is the last time I will ever order from Samsung direct and week think twice when considering Sansung as a brand which kills me to say as I really do love the brand. 

Disgusting way to treat customers - be honest and open and stop leaving us hanging on. I'll give it until Friday and if I have no positive need I'll cancel my order. 

0 Likes
Members_ajWSvRd
First Poster
Options

Predictive text destroyed my last message

I'll blame Samsung S20 for this as well

0 Likes
SW2
Pathfinder
Options
You are right, Samsung customer services are a real pain, they have given me so much trouble with this watch 5 purchase....I didn't even know I was in the bespoke site.
0 Likes