Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy watch 5 pro 'bespoke' ordering shambles

(Topic created on: 21-08-2022 12:41 PM)
Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options

So i told myself I wasnt going to buy this one, then instantly caved and purchased. Didnt really like the £400 price tag but with trade-in £300 seemed better. 

I went through the whole debacle of trying to find out why I couldnt trade in my existing watch 4, wasnt eligable apparently,  I finally decided on that meaning they didnt want to have to knock more than £100 off the price. 

Anyway I got a frontier S3 (which I always loved - so they NOT having that), a galaxy watch (ugly silver one) and the watch after that that my son is using - so I decided on them having the ugger silver thing. 

I also noticed that the 5 pro was like £430 in normal form - but £400ish via the 'bespoke' page - due to the strap of choice being cheaper than the magnetic standard one. Foolishly I assumed that designing my watch via the bespoke would have someone put that together and box it as it was on the page, I ordered and quickly got dispatch info for the strap and the watch (processing)

At order stage both said 21st Aug dispatch date , but allowed me to pick a date and select a 'slot'. I payed £3.99 for a slot for the morning of the 21st , and had to pay that twice for the watch and strap. thinking that 'IF' they come in the same box - I will demand £3.99 back! 

the strap came the next day (as its just a basic watch 4 strap so nothing special) , but that annoyed me as Id paid for the morning of 21st as Id arranged for people to be around to take the order in, obviously had to rearrange for the new date at short notice. and assuming I would have got it just a quick If Id just selected the free option. 

Now I got an email saying the watch is delayed... got on to samsung and they now mentioned 4th september ? I heard of a port strike which might be to blame? 

Anyway  - talking to samsung about this, I think the problem for me is using the bespoke service. If I would have ordered the basic watch 5 pro, id probably already have it now, or get it today. 

Im gathering by all this, that if you use the bespoke service, they send you a strapless watch in some form? I assume from a technical point of view its classed as a different thing to the default watch 5 pro, hence the difference in stocking. 

Im now being told that I will have to wait for the whole thing to come before I can 'try' to get the delivery charge back for both items. I already have the strap - but dont think I should pay for a specific day/time slot when they just totally ignored that slot anyway. Obviously I will get the delivery charge back for the watch as they wont meet that slot anyway - but they said this will be automatic once the item eventually delivers. 

so in conclusion - DO NOT try to use the bespoke service - its a shambolic mess. Its like shooting yourself in the foot. Keep it basic, dont confuse them with options. just buy the basic - then buy the strap separate , ideally, dont by a £35 silicone strap from samsung as its not worth the sub of its parts AT ALL. 

18 REPLIES 18
Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options
Getting to speak to anyone at Samsung is an endurance challenge at the best of times ! How come I sit waiting in a queue , get to my turn.... Then nothing happens ? Screenshot_20220821-112327_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options
Eventually kicked into life, wish they would put something on the chat though to suggest someone was coming
0 Likes
T3LF
Pioneer
Options
Looking at other chats not just watched delayed delivery for 21st, I had my cases delayed and another person has had there phone delayed. Seems like a Samsung logistics issue.
0 Likes
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
I ordered the watch 5 pro lte with the standard D buckle on the 11th, order is still on processing 😐
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
I am checking my account like taking medication.. Three Times a day.. Still processing.. I am reluctant to call Cs.. Just in case.... 😂
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
I called them yesterday, absolutely useless, they clearly have no info about what's happening with the distribution side of things. They said a few people had received them early as part of their "surprise and delight" promotion. My guess is a lot of staff were laid off over lockdown and they now don't have enough low paid workers to box it all up for shipping
Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options
I think it's probably something to do with "Felixstowe: Strike begins at UK's biggest container port"

Though the chat system is painfully bad. It's not overly long to wait, but even finding the chat button is near impossible, the link seems to be there one minute and vanish the next, with an emphasis on video calling ?! Wtf ? I've found clicking the following @sshole in the bottom right corner you can get to it... Ignore all the options as I a maze and 90% of the auto answers just kick you out to a random page you have already probably been on. I click 'help buying something' then keep ignoring all the suggestions till I can chat to someone. Then wait for 'whatever the suggested wait time isn't' so it it says 1 minute wait... It's like 10 or 15 ..
Then ignore the chat-monkeys irritating pleasantries and just smack in your full name, first line of address and postcode, phone number, order number and email address. To avoid the inevitable 10 minute wait between question and answer.
Just been into Maria, she must be new. Massive delays between chats, eventually said was going to find something out "one moment please" 15 minutes later I assumed she'd had some medical emergency and rushed out the building.... 20 minutes and the chat killed itself from boredom. Tried to reconnect and get thrown into the initial queue, which was now longer.... 😵💫

0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Sure.. I thought I will wait patiently and see.. Meanwhile I am learning more about galaxy watch as it is my first. Tc buddy 👋 👋
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
What about phone call buddy, I think I used it twice and worked perfectly.. I normally go by Philippines time as CS is based there, I hit around 10am their time.. Assuming people are fresh at work.. (don't share my screat tricks 😎😂😂😂)
0 Likes