Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 5 LTE - Poor Battery Life

(Topic created on: 15-12-2022 03:48 PM)
ShaunW
First Poster
Options

Hi, my wife has just bought an Galaxy 5 LTE (40mm) watch 2 weeks ago - when she has her phone with her the battery life is as expected (around a day)... but when her phone is out of Bluetooth range, and the watch switches to LTE, the battery life is around 3-4 hours! It seems to be worse when she is at work where she has a poor signal - she has disabled all health monitoring features, location services, doesn't make calls, which none of this has helped and the watch warms (I guess searching for a signal)

She bought the watch for using at work but at the moment it seems a waste of money and the watch isn't what she expected!

Do you think we could return as not fit for purpose.. 3-4 hour battery life isn't really acceptable!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
MrVlad1
Journeyman
Options
My watch 4 does the same and i have the normal version not LTE,i left it for a clasic watch .Technology this days is stupid,with ***** batteries,phones,watches,tablets everything.I bought a Nokia Xpress Music the battery keeps me 1 week😁😁😁My opinion is to stop buying anything that its new.Ooo and use CASH MONEY dont use cards
0 Likes
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hello @ShaunW, why does your wife have the Bluetooth tooth on all day? LTE covers phone and messages if she has a mobile plan for the watch. If she only uses it as a watch switch it to that digital watch face mode and it will last for weeks.
There are a couple if very good You Tube videos on extending battery life, I've used them myself. My Watch 5 Pro LTE 45mm is now up to 3 days depending on my usage.
0 Likes
robd1
Voyager
Options
Apologies, for the finger trouble.
0 Likes