Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 5 HR tracking issues.

(Topic created on: 04-11-2022 11:50 AM)
adeguapo
Apprentice
Options
I had the exact same issues with my GW4. It appears to be double (or even triple) counting heart rate readings which is obviously throwing everything else out (calories etc). It appears to only happen during low intensity exercises like stretching or weight lifting.. seems to work fine during high intensity workouts like boxing or running. Ive checked with other watches (Fitbit etc) and the HR on there is fine. Sent my GW4 in for repair 3 times because of this and despite changing the sensors, I still had th same issue.

Anybody have any ideas why this is? I've literally tried everything to get this to work properly but nothing helps. I saw one post on Reddit where someone has the same issue however everyone else says its fine. My gut feeling is that it's due to my dark skin.

I've added a few screenshots.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Adriam
First Poster
Options
I have noticed that as well. Let's hope that an update will fix that
adeguapo
Apprentice
Options
I'm not hopeful tbh
Igor3
Journeyman
Options

It happens to me too (Galaxy Watch 5 pro). Most times I have spikes in HR measurements until it locks and reads well (it lasts about 10 minutes)..

tempFileForShare_20221007-145852.jpg

The photo above illustrates the kind of information I have. Completely useless.  

__Mike__
Pioneer
Options

@adeguapo @Igor3 @Adriam Did you noticed that during a workout? I have the same problem.

The pulse is correct during normal use, but when you start a workout such as walking or hiking, the pulse goes up and no longer drops. In other words, it has doubled. A user has found out that this effect occurs when reaching the pulse zones and then doubles. When the user stops the workout, the pulse on the watch face is also wrong and therefore doubled. If you then start a new workout, the pulse is retrieved again and is correct again until a pulse zone is exceeded and then the game starts all over again.

Igor3
Journeyman
Options

I´ve noticed that it happens mostly when I practice exercises early in the morning. I know it seems odd... but for the same exercises it happens that when I wake up and practice at 6am it is always wrong in the first minutes (abouot 10 minutes) and then locks OK.  when I do it later like 11am or in the afternoon it´s ok most times.

It seems that it is a software bug... I hope Samsung delivers it as soon as possible

adeguapo
Apprentice
Options
Yes this is what happens to me also. I've compared it against a using a Polar HR tracker at the same time and the difference is crazyScreenshot_20230216_102718_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20230216_102740_Samsung Health.jpg
0 Likes
CasperFromSwords
First Poster
Options

I have same problems with hearth rate monitor, Galaxy watch 4 pro and watch 5, both watches same problem

0 Likes
adeguapo
Apprentice
Options
I won't be getting the GW6 that's for sure.. probably get the new Pixel watch next
0 Likes