Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4G connection

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 01:53 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I'm hoping someone here can advise. I've recently purchased a Samsung Watch 4G and when I try to set it up for a 4G connection in the app it says "Your network does not have plans for this device" or words to that effect. I'm with EE and they have confirmed they do, and in fact the device was previously connected to another EE device/account. Having spoken to them they say it's because of the device I'm using (OnePlus 7 Pro) but all the material seems to say any Android device over a certain android version should be OK.

A little lost on the next steps. Any ideas?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

To add some context a reset was done on the watch and I no longer see an ICCID in the device details. Works fine on Bluetooth and is definitely the 4G variant.

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Presume it was a reset to factory settings - not sure but think you may need to talk to EE again about adding the " one number option " ( or whatever they call it that allows other devices to use your mobile number) to your plan and registering your watch on your plan / account
0 Likes
Alsp
First Poster
Options
how do I add a plan to my watch, can I add my watch to my phone plan? am on o2.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Alsp: If you haven't done so already, please download the Galaxy Wearables app from the Google Play Store, and run through the connection process. Select your Galaxy Watch, select it again, check to see that the number code on the Wearables app matches the watch, and tap connect. From here, you will need to allow permissions for the app, and check the terms and conditions. Once you've done this, tap 'Agree', 'Agree to all' or 'Next'. Follow the on screen instructions to finish pairing the devices.

Now, on the Galaxy Wearables app, go to Mobile Networks to scan for an eligible network, and follow the prompts to complete the activation.

0 Likes