Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch 46mm (SM-R800) - Barometer stopped working after latest software update

(Topic created on: 24-05-2021 11:33 PM)
resteves
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

After installing the latest update on my watch (R800XXU1FUD1) the barometer sensor stopped working, no info on the widget and when i go to test mode show as FAIL.

Anyone has any idea how to fix?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
resteves
Journeyman
Options

Well, seems i fixed it, i uninstalled alti-barometer app, and installed it again, restarted the watch and now the sensor is working again.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
resteves
Journeyman
Options

Well, seems i fixed it, i uninstalled alti-barometer app, and installed it again, restarted the watch and now the sensor is working again.

Natral
Student
Options

Is that solution still working today 17/06/21?  It didn't remain working for my Galaxy Watch.

I've found that simply switching the watch off and leaving it off for about an hour (or all night), always fixes Alti-Barometer completely. But, and it's a big BUT, the fix doesn't last for very long and gradually, over an hour or two, the 'Last 6 hours' charts will disappear and eventually so will the altitude and pressure readings. It seems as if the watch is each time gradually overloading its own 'brain' with Alti-Barometer app data? Samsung should sort this easily & quickly, especially as it's all, just fine for a while, after a prolonged shut-down of the watch.

I'm wonder if uninstalling some non-essential apps might help?