Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 46mm (SM-R800) - Barometer stopped working after latest software update

(Topic created on: 25/05/21 00:33)
resteves
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Hi,

After installing the latest update on my watch (R800XXU1FUD1) the barometer sensor stopped working, no info on the widget and when i go to test mode show as FAIL.

Anyone has any idea how to fix?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
resteves
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Well, seems i fixed it, i uninstalled alti-barometer app, and installed it again, restarted the watch and now the sensor is working again.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
resteves
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Well, seems i fixed it, i uninstalled alti-barometer app, and installed it again, restarted the watch and now the sensor is working again.

View solution in context

Natral
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Is that solution still working today 17/06/21?  It didn't remain working for my Galaxy Watch.

I've found that simply switching the watch off and leaving it off for about an hour (or all night), always fixes Alti-Barometer completely. But, and it's a big BUT, the fix doesn't last for very long and gradually, over an hour or two, the 'Last 6 hours' charts will disappear and eventually so will the altitude and pressure readings. It seems as if the watch is each time gradually overloading its own 'brain' with Alti-Barometer app data? Samsung should sort this easily & quickly, especially as it's all, just fine for a while, after a prolonged shut-down of the watch.

I'm wonder if uninstalling some non-essential apps might help?

0 Likes