Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch 46mm poor battery life

(Topic created on: 13-04-2020 08:10 PM)
Sharky67
Apprentice
Options

Hello all.

Recently purchased my Galaxy Watch 46mm as new, began setting up and also applied the latest software update. The battery life is not anywhere near what has been claimed publicly. I have had the watch one week, and am paying close attention to what I'm using app-wise.

Points to note;

• Watch NOT set to always-on
  • Connects via Bluetooth to iPhone 8s.
  • Have stopped using Bluetooth headphones, and Spotify.
  • No apps running in background, I always close them off after use.
  • Using GPS only for location, not GPS & WiFi.
  • When recording activity (walking), high accuracy GPS is NOT turned on.
  • Recorded activity is 1hr a day
  • Am turning on goodnight mode, not wearing to bed and recording sleep.
  • WiFi set to auto.

With these settings I am lucky to get 48hrs. It's more often I will get 36.
Another key point, last night I left it on Goodnight mode, sat on my bedside table. It used 25% battery overnight.

Yes have rebooted the watch, and the phone.

Any ideas or help is appreciated, thanks in advance

10 REPLIES 10
Sharky67
Apprentice
Options

More to report.

I have turned off Bluetooth altogether. I set the watch to airplane mode whilst not wearing it overnight. I am close to the end of day two and the battery level is at a healthy  70%. I'm happy to learn the source of the drain. Not happy that it impacts heavily on why I purchased, and how I wanted to use this watch.

0 Likes
bbfy
Journeyman
Options

same here, just bumping up the topic. Samsung, Please fix it!!!

0 Likes
Solution
Sharky67
Apprentice
Options

CONFIRMED:

Bluetooth is the power-drain.

The watch has now consistently remained usable for minimum 3 days.

Samsung can you please update the Bluetooth functionality? You publicly claim battery life of 3 to 4 days but this is simply not possible with your current Bluetooth power requirement. I was happy to pay extra for your product because of their use-claims. Now, I feel like I've wasted hundreds of pointless extra dollars. Far from happy

0 Likes
FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options

Will feed the bluetooth issue back to Samsung and hope there is a resolve at some point soon. Thank you for your feedback.

bertybasset1
Apprentice
Options

any update on this battery life problem yet ??

0 Likes
bbfy
Journeyman
Options

not really, the watch is unuseable for me right now...

0 Likes
Hendly
First Poster
Options

Snap ! I have a new one. I'm getting 3days 12 hrs indicated after a full charge. I'm gradually turning lots of the apps off ie workout detection etc. But not getting anywhere near the 7 days advertised. If connected to the phone is a drain..whats the point of a wearable? Any ideas..?

0 Likes
H6rper
Apprentice
Options
Like you I paid more for better but now it doesn't last a day. Unfortunately I can't return it as it's a month past it's return date. Distinctly unimpressed with this poorly tested software roll out
0 Likes
H6rper
Apprentice
Options
Not only does it discharge quickly it now takes over 12 hours to charge from 15% battery level. WOW have Samsung cocked this up!!!
0 Likes