Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm not showing incoming calls

(Topic created on: 11-12-2019 11:30 PM)
DeWheatley
First Poster
Options

Hello. I've recently got the Galaxy Watch 46mm, and it does almost everything I want apart from it's not letting me know when I have incoming calls or text alerts. I can make calls from the watch so I know it's connected, but not seeing phone calls or texts is a bit inconvenient!

I don't know if it's the watch or my phone not working with the watch - I use a OnePlus5 (battery power is a must for me!) - but I was wondering if anyone else had come across this one?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32
Talunkwan101
First Poster
Options

I just had this issue. It was a watch youtube app causing it. 

0 Likes
Luckyguy3122
First Poster
Options

I was having this trouble and tried all of your suggestions, finally I reset my watch and Boom! Called my phone and the watch began to ring. Reset took about 5 or less because I had to re download   my watch faces.

0 Likes
Marea01
First Poster
Options

I use Google Voice and I recently got a new Apple device and added it as one of the devices that calls should be sent to.  After that I could still receive calls on my phone just fine but my watch wouldn’t vibrate for incoming calls.

I’m fairly text savvy but this makes no sense to me so it took me a while to figure out that I just needed to turn off the iPad Receiving calls in the Google voice settings in order to get my watch to start give me a vibration notification for incoming calls again

I know this thread is old but I hope this helps someone

0 Likes
Airfield Annie
First Poster
Options

I know this is many years later but I had the same issue on my Galaxy watch 4.  Notifications for Contacts have to be turned on for your phone to ring on your watch

Manasvi
First Poster
Options

This worked for me too.

0 Likes
BlackBerry
First Poster
Options

Yes I'm having the same problem, when I turn the watch off and on it rings,I have done about four factory resets.

Sandyb1
Journeyman
Options

Same problem

Marea01
First Poster
Options

I haven’t used my galaxy active 2 in a while now but I believe to get it to work I had to delete / uninstall ALL watch apps including associated apps like the Samsung accessory app and /or clear all the app data and remove from known Bluetooth devices and start again fresh to get it to work

0 Likes
Sandyb1
Journeyman
Options

I just texted Samsung wearables support, they said they have no reported issues with watch 4 not receiving incoming calls ( guess no one monitors this Board). PLEASE if you are having an issue, contact Samsung Wearables support and report the issue. The more complaints the faster we can get a software fix out!

0 Likes
Sandyb1
Journeyman
Options

On my LTE with Bluetooth I had the same problem. I was able to receive incoming calls on my watch when I turned off Bluetooth, and turned off Remote Connection. In other words, I put it in stand alone mode and everything worked.

0 Likes