Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 09-09-2018 11:51 AM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
JohnnnieP
First Poster
Options

Similar issue for me, the Watch doesn't start counting until I have walked around 15-20 steps then is ok. If I do small movements nothing is counted.

Gieter
Apprentice
Options
Same problem here.
Teodoro-Andrade
Apprentice
Options

I have the 42mm but having exactly the same issue. I am also having problems with activity tracking. The calories recorded are way off. I think there may be an issue with the heart monitor as the BPM is blank.

Bend02
First Poster
Options

I have the 42mm watch and every time I wake up with it, it doesn't count my steps until like the middle of the day. Very disappointed

J8cko
Explorer
Options

It's not great but for me it seems like a software issue with mine as it is counting steps but seems to take 20 to 30 steps before it starts counting so when pottering around the house it generally counts nothing but when I go on dog walks etc it seems to be fine. But if it takes 20 to 30 steps to get going every time you stop it soon adds up and is very disappointing 

Drj9879
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue.  Walked around this morning for about an hour and then my watch told me to get up and start moving while I was walking.  I checked the step counter and it was still at around 330 steps.  Then walked for a few minutes.  My phone counted the steps.  My watch was still at 330.  I will be returning the watch today. 

Johnerz
Explorer
Options

Hi 

I'm in the UK and have the exact same problem with the 46mm model. Just like you I love the watch and don't want to return it but for £300 I expect the device to work properly. I'm hoping there is a software fix. 

Kirstiellen
First Poster
Options

Same here; I'm cabin crew and when wearing a fitbit would walk around 12,000 steps each shift...my galaxy watch so far has only recorded around 3000 a shift. 

Really expected better for £300 😕

J8cko
Explorer
Options

I'm waiting for a response from Samsung tech, I wish they would admit there is a problem but they seem happy to let you return it rather than try and solve the problem.

I did see a response on the US forum that they were issuing a software update but they have had the watch longer than the UK and no one has said if it's been resolved yet

Lee1976
First Poster
Options

Any idea how to fix this mine not counting steps and one reason I wanted it. 

0 Likes