Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 07-12-2018 07:15 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Indeed, HR issues still here too

0 Likes
Mikecreek
Apprentice
Options

Well since receiving the latest update in UK i am finding that steps are being counted more or less correctly. Increments are immediate even after a rest time so I am hopeful that the problem is resolved. HR was never a problem on my watch. Floors however are only recorded occasionally.

pavlis
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for the update. 

Can you please check what software version is running on your watch? e.g.WatchSWversion.jpg

On this version (Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G, 46mm), HR monitoring is totally inaccurate and unreliable. Step counting is not too bad, it's close to my Xiaomi Mi Band 2.

It's good to see that Samsung is at least trying to fix the issue, even though they haven't officially acknowledged it. 

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

@pavlis wrote:

Thanks for the update. 

Can you please check what software version is running on your watch? e.g.WatchSWversion.jpg

On this version (Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G, 46mm), HR monitoring is totally inaccurate and unreliable. Step counting is not too bad, it's close to my Xiaomi Mi Band 2.

It's good to see that Samsung is at least trying to fix the issue, even though they haven't officially acknowledged it. 

15441371370559006131233626921540.jpg

Mikecreek
Apprentice
Options

My software version is now R800XXU1BRK3

0 Likes
pavlis
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for the update. Considering you have the latest version R800XXU1BRK3, have you noticed any improvements with Heart Rate monitoring?

Also, do you do any intense exercise where HR monitoring issue becomes most pronounced?

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

I reckon the HR monitor is working more or less ok. I don't expect it to be very accurate, but mine does record trends.

Step counting is the same, maybe a hardly perceptible minor improvement.

I shot a video yesterday when I was walking at a normal pace around my house and the watch wouldn't record a single step, only when I started walking faster it tracked the steps. It is a joke.

0 Likes
Mikecreek
Apprentice
Options

As I mentioned in my last post, I have never had a problem with HR monitoring. I don’t do gym workouts but i do walk energetically and HR has always been recorded without any breaks. As to steps, I too, after the update, kept an eye on my step recording and all increments are being updated even for small amounts around the house, including after resting, they record properly. I have noticed that on occasion, they increase in batches so if you look and dont see any increase, maybe look again after a short period and they update. Hope that helps, but mine seems now to be greatly improved. With floor counting I have also tried ‘hand above head approach’ while going up stairs indoors and now find they record!!

0 Likes
Hobden87
Student
Options

Steps and floors much better with update.  Never had any HR problems.  My watch is now working as it should which is great.

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

@Hobden87 wrote:

Steps and floors much better with update.  Never had any HR problems.  My watch is now working as it should which is great.

Mine is the same pos, I'll reset it for the last time and I'll see what happens

0 Likes