Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 30-11-2018 04:09 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
lusan
Journeyman
Options

The more I use the watch the more I think it is software related. I've been off  for a few days and I have been doing a lot of long walks and very few very short walks like the ones I do at work. 

I know it won't be 100% accurate, but the watch is counting a lot of steps more. It even looks like it might be working properly.

I have checked and still not counting short, paused walks,though, so still useless.

It will ***** me off even more if it's software related as it would show even more how Samsung doesn't give a s*'t about their customers.

0 Likes
Dwang
Journeyman
Options

I did send my watch back for repare.

Today i get him back.

I am curious of he whil work propaly.

The updated the watch was the repare status.

I post back what it whil be?

0 Likes
Dobba
Explorer
Options

Did anyone see the watch being tested on the gadget show?

They set up a test measuring 0.4km and set 3 watches to the test. The Apple watch was 0.46km and the galaxy watch was 0.06km so out of 400m the galaxy watch only measured 60m lol 

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

Hi Dwang,

How is the watch working now?

@Dwang wrote:

I did send my watch back for repare.

Today i get him back.

I am curious of he whil work propaly.

The updated the watch was the repare status.

I post back what it whil be?

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

It is a joke.

@Dobba wrote:

Did anyone see the watch being tested on the gadget show?

They set up a test measuring 0.4km and set 3 watches to the test. The Apple watch was 0.46km and the galaxy watch was 0.06km so out of 400m the galaxy watch only measured 60m lol 

0 Likes
Dwang
Journeyman
Options

I get it back the day before yesterday.

Tested it and stil not working probely.

The said that the updated the watch, but stil the same software in it.

Send it back again to Coolblue.

With the question to take me serious, and repair the watch good or a refound.

Now wait what the wil do.

0 Likes
Grabiesh
Journeyman
Options

Hopefully I'll pick up mine tomorrow. It was in repair for the last two weeks. Surprisingly, I got an email saying that the touch screen does not work. I never had an issue with that! It was, in my opinion, loose bezel. I'll post an update after the visit to the repair center. 

0 Likes
Mikey78
First Poster
Options

I returned my faulty one.  Ended up ordering a new one on black friday with free charger, but its the same as the first one.

Bit fed up of it all now, even conceding to the fact I can no longer track steps ...... will be giving this watch a bad review ........ Samsung had enough time to deal with this problem seen as we all have the same issue, but they decided to run and hide ........ pretty shocking, but then they are the company who sold the exploding phones !! 

0 Likes
Celf
Navigator
Options

What do you guys do to test the stepcounter?

I had 3 GW because of the BT probems but on all 3 the stepcounter worked fine, apart from the 20 steps startup problem. 

0 Likes
kap
Student
Options

"20 steps startup " is the root problem as it does not add up them to total count.

Simple example would be 15 steps -> pause -> 15 step ->pause -> 15 steps... will give you ZERO steps in total.

So it does detect 'walk' correctly. But it does not count total steps for a day.

If you live in 1b appartment and stay at home for a weekend you will likely get ZERO steps for the whole day as all your 'walks' will be less then 20 steps.

PS: I'm still hoping for a fix, but will return both (42 and 46 model) before the end of return period.

0 Likes