Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 19-10-2018 11:18 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
g_t_j
Pioneer
Options

No I didn't Gary as I'm  totally disheartened by all this to an extent that I won't be buying this device again!

I can still reply to that message but do you really believe there will be any outcome?

They were processing my reports for days ony to tell that the watch should sit firm on my wrist. What a joke.

I don't have tattoos or anything. My arms are quite hairy but very big-boned and my wrists are definetely very large to a point that the 46mm watch had never looked awkward. That said, in my case their theory about correct positioning is funny to say the least. If it doesn't sit well on a big-boned arm then where it will?

lisafox16
Voyager
Options

This is the usual response tech companies give on any optical heart rate monitor. The first batch of Garmin optical heart rate monitors (the ones that I tested) also had issue's with placement/hair etc. Whether the latest ones do too, I don't know. 

0 Likes
g_t_j
Pioneer
Options
Lisa, if I still had the device I would probably try to shave the area around my wrist to see if it gives any better result. I wouldn't have had high hopes though...
0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Well I have small wrists with no hair so between us we have it all covered.

Perhaps they forgot that HR works perfectly with Under Armour Record, hair or no hair blocking the sensor!

Just sounds to me like they have run out of ideas or don't deem it important enough to allocate resources to fix.

In the scheme of things these watches are low value items to Samsung, not to us though 😐

0 Likes
g_t_j
Pioneer
Options
Yeah, it looks like and all this is probably an excuse.
They should have at least allowed this series of watches to be able to connect to 3rd party HR belts.
Honestly, In that case I'd consider buying it again.
As I said it's the best smartwatch out there but as a fitness watch/tracker it falls short. And the latter attribute is very important for my intended use.
0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
ME too, what have you decided on now then, Garmin, Wear OS...?
0 Likes
g_t_j
Pioneer
Options

Well I ordered a Xiaomi Stratos which I plan to use in conjuction with my Polar H7 sensor. It's not a smartwatch that one (only has a few smart watch features) but for the time being my crave for a smart watch has been put to bed anyway.... 😐

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

I've got the same issues with my watch. I got in touch with Samsung support and they told me to reset it or take it to a service centre... I think I am returning it. After more than one month of people complaining they don't seem to be aware of this problem yet..

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

FYI. New update.Screenshot_20181024-152131.png

0 Likes
Killieblues
Apprentice
Options

I've installed the new update. Yesterday morning I had my phone in my pocket (S8), and my watch on my wrist. I walked about the house, although not very much as was just going to the kitchen to get breakfast. My phone recorded 61 steps, my watch zero.

I don't understand why the watch requires 20 steps to start recording the steps. The fitbit charge 2 I had previously recorded them immediately.

0 Likes