Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 17-10-2018 07:25 AM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
F4x3D
First Poster
Options

i have opposite issue of floor counter.  Every 1.5 flights count as 1

at home my 1 flight counts as 0

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

Looks like another update is being rolled out starting in the US.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/samsung-galaxy-watch-update-battery_id110024

0 Likes
Killieblues
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the same issue. Samsung "Customer Service" say it's my watch not the software. I doubt that. It worked fine until the software update. Now, today, my watch says I've walked 2,228 steps but the Samsung Health app on my phone says I've done over 3,000. 

Also walked up a steep slope, over the other side, and back down again. We are talking at least a 50m rise. It counted a total of 1 floor overall.

0 Likes
Killieblues
Apprentice
Options
I think it must be a software issue. I got mine on release day (well, after a week's delay!) and it worked well with the old software. The new software update on the 7th October must have caused the issue.
0 Likes
Grabiesh
Journeyman
Options

I just received my replacement. I'll see how the step recording and HR measurement is and will post the results. I'm still using my Garmin Vivoactive, something to compare against. 

0 Likes
Tb1x
Journeyman
Options

After I have talked to Samsung (Sweden) several times regarding step counter and HR problem they finally said that it was a software issue :thinking-face: and that they will solve it with an update but they couldn't say when this update is coming :smiling-face:

Can the be right, an update will fix those issues?

Any way, no update for me almost this 4 weeks I had the GW so today I will return them because I have one 42 and one 46 with the same issue.

Really bad by Samsung.... 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

-

May I ask why you moved from Garmin VivoActive to GW? After all te troubles I have had I was thinking of going the other way, GW to Garmin?

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

- 

Not saying the same will happen but if you search this forum you can see Samsung suggested the very same fix for the same issues on the Gear Watch back in January.

Those early posters are still on that thread 10 month later with no fix it appears, hopefully it wont be the same on GW but worth noting. Im on my second watch with 2nd firmware update and HR, steps,stairs and sleep still not functioning correctly.

Keep hoping :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

0 Likes
Grabiesh
Journeyman
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:

-

May I ask why you moved from Garmin VivoActive to GW? After all te troubles I have had I was thinking of going the other way, GW to Garmin?

I had VivoActive for a while. I was thinking that GW would be an upgrade, not downgrade. I can already confirm, the difference between GW and Garmin. Both Garmin and phone recorded around 11500 steps thorughout the day, GW only 9560. It has improved from what it was before exchange but it's still an issue. The HR also drops from time to time. I keep wearing both Vivo and GW for the time being, not the perfect sollution. When I go for a running both are recording similar number of steps, distance and so on. 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options