Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 23-09-2018 09:16 AM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

My watch lags by 2000 steps a day behind my phone. When i push a pushchair or shopping trolley i get no reading.

After many error reports samsung have said my watch could be faulty.

Im gonna get mine changed and see if it is different and if not just enjoy the other features and hope one day samsung resolve it with software updates

Dobba
Explorer
Options

I think it's normal not to get a reading when pushing a pram or trolley, both mine and my partners watches are the same and so we're our fit bits. That's why I have my s health app set to all steps so the phone reads when pushing anything. Problem with this is it doesn't sync those steps to the watch so you end up with 2 different amounts of steps between phone and watch. 

Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

I have done the same but you would think the watch could show what s health is doing if youve set both readings.

0 Likes
creepyg
Explorer
Options

Yeah, it's normal for pushing a pushchair/shopping trolley etc not to count steps on the watch. The Gear S3 was the same. It usually recorded as cycling.

0 Likes
Dobba
Explorer
Options

Yeah I spoke to support for help with that and they said doing that with all steps doubles your steps and is wrong which it doesn't do. Also didn't answer my question about syncing all steps back to the watchIMG-20180918-WA0003.jpg

0 Likes
Bghatter
Explorer
Options
That's quite normal,. Had same issue with gear fit and gear fit 2. Because arm isn't moving.
Have found with watch it thinks I'm cycling
0 Likes
Jarvinhio14
Apprentice
Options

Already sent mine back because of this fault. Received it back today and it has the same errors. Fed up with it already! 20180922_232037.jpg7C30B7B8-FDD9-45FE-8CDB-CB88141D8011.jpeg

0 Likes
klythawk
Explorer
Options

Has anyone in the UK who pre-ordered the Galaxy Watch received there free duo charger yet ? When i contacted Samsung i was told shipping would be by the 29th Sep, hopefully they stick to that date.

0 Likes
Bghatter
Explorer
Options

No,. Called the service desk yesterday and she said should get this week

Grabiesh
Journeyman
Options

@klythawk wrote:

Has anyone in the UK who pre-ordered the Galaxy Watch received there free duo charger yet ? When i contacted Samsung i was told shipping would be by the 29th Sep, hopefully they stick to that date.

I have received mine couple of days ago. But it's going back. As I requested replacement for my watch, they told me to send the charger back too, even though it's working fine. They'll send both once they collected the ones I have.