Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 21-09-2018 11:42 AM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@Dannyboy236 wrote:

What i dont get is why so many people say the gear s3 is good at step count. 

Why has samsung got it so wrong on the latest watch?

Looks like classic case of if it aint broke dont fix but samsung tried to fix it!

Yes my S3 works perfectly and I thought this would be the same! Just got back from a power walk,  wearing my S3 and perfect steps count and perfect heart rate trace! Just remind me why I spent £300 on a new watch please?!

0 Likes
klythawk
Explorer
Options

It appears this problem of "not counting steps" was noticed way back in April after Tizen 3.0.0.0 was updated to 3.0.0.1.

Its hard to comprehend that Samsung  have know about the issue for 6 months and haven't rectified it with Tizen 4.0.0.0. The chances of new software fix look extemely slim. I'm hoping to buy a new Gear Sport with Tizen 3.0.0.0 and the Galaxy watch will then be returned.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/wearabletech/thread-id/25237...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/wearabletech/thread-id/25237...

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Correct as I have the Sport too, but a software update sorted the issues out and its all fine now. 

0 Likes
klythawk
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the the speedy reply lisafox16. Has there been another update after Tizen 3.0.0.2 ?
0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@klythawk wrote:
Thanks for the the speedy reply lisafox16. Has there been another update after Tizen 3.0.0.2 ?

I'm not sure which version I'm running as I've not used my Sport since I've had my Galaxy watch but it is the latest and there are no steps issues.  

0 Likes
Tazzz
Journeyman
Options

Before the last update was a pain... HR wrong, steps wrong, running distance wrong, freeze the gps/km, ...

Today I tested again, all was way better. 

2 days ago, workout freeze at 2.7 km from 5:

2.7 km freeze, useless watch2.7 km freeze, useless watch

same route, way better with the update

after updateafter update

Steps from watch and phone with little difference, working too. I test it again sunday, because monday have the return order and want to know if I keep it or not.

Software version is R800XXU1BRH3.

0 Likes
Grabiesh
Journeyman
Options

Just finished a call with Samsung support. They told me that the watch needs to be replaced. The waiting time is apparently 4 working days, unless I misunderstood. The line was pretty bad! The collection is booked for next week. I don't have my hopes high as I believe the issue is with the software. I hope I get it back before going away so I can test it.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Is that UK support? If so they have offered me that several times too, so far I have declined as have 2 weeks left until I need to decide.. Did they mention what the issue may be?

0 Likes
J8cko
Explorer
Options

@Tazzz wrote:

Before the last update was a pain... HR wrong, steps wrong, running distance wrong, freeze the gps/km, ...

Today I tested again, all was way better. 

2 days ago, workout freeze at 2.7 km from 5:

2.7 km freeze, useless watch2.7 km freeze, useless watch

same route, way better with the update

after updateafter update

Steps from watch and phone with little difference, working too. I test it again sunday, because monday have the return order and want to know if I keep it or not.

Software version is R800XXU1BRH3.

I do find it strange how people have different software versions, mine is running RX800XXU1ARH1, and says my software is up to date.

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@Grabiesh wrote:

Just finished a call with Samsung support. They told me that the watch needs to be replaced. The waiting time is apparently 4 working days, unless I misunderstood. The line was pretty bad! The collection is booked for next week. I don't have my hopes high as I believe the issue is with the software. I hope I get it back before going away so I can test it.

I've been told that too, but the person I spoke to didn't have a clue. I'm not going to do anything until we know a little more if its software (which I believe it is) or hardware.

0 Likes