Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 20-09-2018 06:18 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@JK2017 wrote:

Mine is set to 'always on' and is continuously taking readings and updates as such on the watch. The trends info in the app will not show all those readings as they are expressed in a way to show trends and resting points.

If you have it set to continuous it will show you a graph and an hourly graph  if you have it set to every ten minutes then yes it will record every ten minutes but only if you're still. 

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Example using my Gear S3. Step count on 81. Walked 60 steps. Now showing 135. Meaning the S3 thinks I walked 54 steps. Think that's pretty accurate for me. 

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

What do mean only if I am still? My HRM been working all day. 

If at any point it stops, I restart the watch and it is fine for another day.

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

If you have it set to record every ten minutes then it only records if you are still and not if you're moving about unless you are in a workout, then it automatically switches to continuous. 

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Why would it only record if you were still?

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

By design I presume. Check the manual it explains it in there. 

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Interesting. Not read a manual for a piece of tech since CDs came out ...not going to start now:-0)

0 Likes
Dobba
Explorer
Options

Ah right so that means my heart monitor is working correctly for what o have it set on. I might try continuous and see if it works correctly.

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@JK2017 wrote:

Interesting. Not read a manual for a piece of tech since CDs came out ...not going to start now:-0)

Yeah I know. Can't seem to take a screenshot on my tablet otherwise I would have done. 

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

What i dont get is why so many people say the gear s3 is good at step count. 

Why has samsung got it so wrong on the latest watch?

Looks like classic case of if it aint broke dont fix but samsung tried to fix it!

0 Likes