Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 14-09-2018 07:52 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

No watch update yet but app just updated and re-connected to watch so see if they tweaked something

0 Likes
Johnerz
Explorer
Options

I spoke to customer services too. I said that there are a lot of people suffering with the same issue. The chap I spoke to said that Samsung hasn't recognised this as an issue otherwise he would have been given a briefing on how to respond.

Instead they have arranged and exchange. I was tempted to ask for my money back and get either the LG watch or Huawei watch but I must admit I like the design,battery life and quality of the Galaxy Watch. Just hope the replacement works properly.

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

Its not your individual watch at fault its poor design. Samsung need to acknowlede and get a fix and fast otherwise they will have a lot of returns and refunds to hand out

0 Likes
Grabiesh
Journeyman
Options

I think thatst a software issue, did a factory reset yesterday and it did get better. I don't know for how long though. I wrote to Samsung and the reply was very generic, they told me to make sure the settings are ok, are you serious? How many people are complaining about the same issue? There was an update for the app, maybe they'll update watch software too. It seems to me that it should be them paying us for being beta testers. 

Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

App updates made no difference. Watch needs an update. Theyve updated the barometer app which has ironed out the bugs with that but surely the step counter is the most important as it appears on most watch faces?!

0 Likes
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for the update. It's very frustrating indeed, I am going on holiday on Monday and wanted to take the watch as I am training for a 10k run.  As they are out of stock I am hoping that with the new batch they will have fixed the problem. Like you I don't want to switch to the others.  In the meantime, I have bought a cheap one from Amazon for £23 which should track my heart rate and miles. Always good to have a backup, assuming it works!

0 Likes
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

I am hoping that the replacement works. They are out of stock! Hopefully they are fixing the problem they don't think they have!

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Cheers and good luck

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

What bugs Danny? That app worked for me from day one from what I can tell.

There clearly is an issue with a batch(s) of watches judging by the comments on here but I would imagine Samsung have sold 1000s if not 10000s on pre-order. If it was an issue on every watch there would be 100s of people on here no? 

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

The graph didnt show anything after a day and the arrow was just a line and never showed a change in pressure. However yesterdays update seems to have sorted it. And when you look on here and twitter there are lots of people with the step counter issue. Maybe a lot of others havent took to social media to complain but just returned or exchanged the item. But as there is no stock an exchange would be difficult