Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 05-04-2019 07:56 AM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
leetommo
First Poster
Options

Well it's March 2019. I had my watch for 3 months, seemed to be working ok, had some issues early on with the gesture. Then BOOOOM! Steps and heart rate just stopped, started half way through the day and stopped again. By the time I took it back to the shop at 2pm it had recorded 402 steps!!!! Awesome features on the watch if only it worked. Seeing what they say but going to reluctantly return it I think and get something that does exactly what it says on the tin! Absolutely terrible @Samsung. 

0 Likes
pavlis
Pioneer
Options
Just get a Fitbit Charge 3. I did and have never looked back!
Previously I had Galaxy Watch 4G that I've returned (after 6 months of painful and suffering). HR monitoring never worked, since the day it was released. It looks like it will never be fixed as Samsung Gear S3 also has the HR issue. Nobody from Samsung support have even posted once in EU and US forums with 50+ pages of people crying out for help!
If you need a fitness tracking device, then it's not Samsung but Fitbit or Garmin.
lusan
Journeyman
Options

@Blade1987 wrote:

I'm thinking of buying the Galaxy Watch.

Has the step issue been resolved?

Loads of issues with this watch. Useless as a fitness tracker. Go for something else

CaptDuncan
First Poster
Options

I bought my Samsung phone and Samsung Watch. I had no issues with Samsung products so far. Now my Galaxy watch won't check my heart beat or stress and can't count steps . I see hundreds of comments to rectify this issue. Please remember some of your customers live where there are Samsung Centers! I live in Jamaica currently and I can't just fly to America just so you can fix this issue. So hopefully this is just a software issue

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

They can't fix it. Return the watch if you can.

0 Likes
Mikecreek
Apprentice
Options

I have had my watch since day 1 and have read with interest all the posts on here regarding non recording of steps/heart rate etc. Well I can hionestly say that I have had isssue at the beginning with step count but once all the softwre updates have now been applied I have no poroblem at all. I think a lot of posters on here are far too hasty to criticise and complain rather than be patient and wait for fixes. At the moment everything is working fine with my watch (and new Galaxy S10+) so i consider it a great watch and does all that i need it to do. I have previously had Fitbits and they had faults too and they go no way to compare with the Galaxy watch especially with phone interactivity. So I say patience is a virtue!

0 Likes
pavlis
Pioneer
Options

I live in Melbourne, Australia. There are *three* Samsung Experience Stores here. Samsung wasted my time and caused unnecessary stress by giving me false hopes that problem would be fixed. It will never, ever be fixed as it's a *hardware defect*! Read my (and other) posts  and see it for yourself.

Return your defective Samsung watch ASAP a demand a full refund! 

I've bought a Fitbit Charge 3 and everything on it works as advertised, including HR monitoring, Step and Floor counting  

0 Likes
Bettycake
First Poster
Options

I thought I was 'upgrading' from my Fitbit versa to the 42mm watch but the step count is putting me off.  I'm wearing my Fitbit as well as my watch today to see how far out the watch is. If Samsung aren't going to fix this I will be returning this & being a new Fitbit 

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options

Step count, floor count, HR monitor, sleep track, fitness track, limited selection of apps... The issues with this watch are numerous and they don't seem to be able to fix them. This watch shouldn't be on the market

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

If Google get the rumoured Pixel Watch right in October, Samsung may very well not be in the market for much longer if they dont resolve theses issues.

At a guess Id say the only reason they sell so many of these is due to the Apple Watch not playing with Android & WearOS being slightly worse than Samsung. :smiling-face:

0 Likes