Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm LTE drains battery - not holding a full day

(Topic created on: 03-03-2020 03:50 PM)
GalaxyTester
Journeyman
Options

Background: I bought my watch to replace my phone. Strange, I know, but I hoped this will solve the kind-a addiction I have so messaging etc gets harder I'll do it less. (also, bug downer they have no native apps for messaging (messenger & WA especially)

Problem: I'm using my watch as LTE only. It holds ca 11h and less when listening to music, which is not enough. Good example is today: I took it off the charger ca 9 AM and by now - it's nearly 6 PM - it's at 20%, making it 9h of use. I haven't made any calls today or listened to any music. I have kept apps closed.

Is that normal?

If I can't get the battery life to at least 16h I have to reconsider owning a Galaxy Watch.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@GalaxyTester: When and where did you purchase your Galaxy Watch from? When charging the device, are you using teh official charging dock, and are you waiting until the LED turns green when charging? Can you try the following steps to see if you're able increase your overall battery life.
• When you are not using the watch, turn off the screen by covering it with your palm.
• Activate power saving mode (Settings > Battery > Power Saving (tick))
• Close unnecessary apps.
• Deactivate the Bluetooth feature when not in use.
• Deactivate the Wi-Fi feature when not in use.
• Decrease the screen brightness.
GalaxyTester
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for your time, Andrew! Well-appreciated!

The thing is:

I take it from the dock in the morning (fully charged, original charger - wouldn't risk using cheap copy); screen brightness on 3; apps keeping closed; connectivity turned off... Still not giving a full 16h that I hoped for but rather 9-11h depending on Spotify use. 

Question 1: While on "Power Saving" mode - can I receive messages / calls? If yes that might solve my problems as I do not need all the features all the time.
Question 2: According to official tests / specs, how many hours am I supposed to get out of the watch according to my described use?

0 Likes
bertybasset1
Apprentice
Options
i see they are not answering your question - absolutely shocking support from samsung
0 Likes