Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm - Do i buy?

(Topic created on: 02-10-2018 03:36 PM)
StanVanDamn
First Poster
Options

Ive changed my mind so many times in the last few days whether to get this watch.

Just wondering if anyone who has bought it can advise me on music.

I have google play on my phone. If I was listening to music through my phone in wireless earphones, and I was out on the bike and wanted to change a song or album - is there an app for Goggle play that allows this? 

If not for google is there any other apps that allow me to do this? As I said not bothered about having the music actually on the watch just as long as I can control my phone with the watch?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

As far as I know there isnt any app for Google play or indeed any way to control that via the Watch, as you probably know Spotify is the chosen one or even moving mp3s onto your Watch then playing from there.

Not sure that helps you any 

0 Likes
creepyg
Explorer
Options

Yes, you can control Google play Music using your watch. Play/Pause, Skip/Back and volume. You can also bring up a track listing for the album/playlist you're listening to. 

You audio get album art as the background.

You won't be able to select a new album however.

Couple of photos to show the music app....20181002_153419.jpg

20181002_153402.jpg

0 Likes
MItchk
Journeyman
Options

wow didn't know you could do that - can you stream the sound through the watch ?

shame it doesn't have a Google music app though so you can control the albums

0 Likes
creepyg
Explorer
Options

No idea, I've never felt the need to try that.

Perhaps it's possible with Spotify, I'm sure I've seen a few people mention it. But I don't use Spotify so can't confirm one way or another.

As it stands, it all works very smoothly. The music app is simple but well designed. You can set a widget to give quick access to music controls, mines the first widget if you rotate the bezel.

One other thing, it allows you to toggle between whatever music app you're using on your phone and any music stored on the watch.

0 Likes