Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch 46mm Battery Drain after Update

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 01:21 PM)
Phil Lindoe
Journeyman
Options

Could someone please advise on what is going on.

I used to get up to 4/5 days usage out of my watch. I had an update yesterday, after the update the watch wouldnt charge.

I turned it off and back on again and it would then charge, problem over I thought.  Now the battery drain is extreme.

I woke up this morning and it was at 15%.  Charged it up to over 60%, went out for a walk and now down to 35%.

Back on charge.  This is ridiculous.

How can I reverse the update and see what the battery performance is like then?

Go to solution
33 REPLIES 33
DamienB81
First Poster
Options

Also having this problem since updating on Tuesday. Have tried the off and on, have disabled updates and looked at health settings. This is why I moved away from iphones. Get it together Samsung please

Soulreaver87
Journeyman
Options

Same here. Updated to latest firmware and now watch doesn't even last a day from being fully charged. Yesterday I disabled everything on the watch left it on bed side table in the morning and last night it was dead. I wasn't even wearing it. 

Samsung need to fix this problem fast. Its everyone that's installed the update. I've even tried looking on the US Version of Samsung Site to see if there was a solution but they are having the same issue over there. 

0 Likes
Jay Crumley
First Poster
Options

Same problem here since the update. I am not getting a day. Switched off a load of notifications to see of that helps. 

0 Likes
Danelle
Journeyman
Options

Exactly. This is what has always set samsung apart from Apple. Which is why I switched to Samsung in the first place. Updating and rendering devices useless is absolutely shady practice. Samsung, what do you have to say about this? Let's blow this thread up. Also after update my watch does not wake up when I raise my wrist. Its very slow and lags alot. Smh

Pai Mai
First Poster
Options

Google brought me here, same thing is happening to me. I recently reset my watch as I factory rest my phone and thought that was the cause but looks like the software update is more like the issue.

I would normally get about 2 days worth of use but now it is dying within a 24hr cycle. In fact it was on a 100% today and I went for a 5K run using Strava and by the time I returned home it had gone done by 15%. Right now with it has been powered on since lunchtime and it now 7pm and it is down to 61%.

0 Likes
yabosid
Pioneer
Options

Same issue here.  Samsung Health app accounting for 75% of the drain. If I go on a tracked walk the battery drains at an insane rate. 

0 Likes
Chef H_22
First Poster
Options

I'm having this issue after updating yesterday. I'm trying to do your method but not sure what connectivity app you are referring to? I uninstalled the gear app and reset the watch but got stuck on the pairing mode last bar until my watch battery actually died. Trying to figure out what the connectivity app is and how to find/uninstall it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! 

0 Likes
yabosid
Pioneer
Options

The method that worked for me was downgrading Samsung Health on the phone by sideloading the apk of the version ending in 001. But it seems as if the latest version (released on june 14) is doing ok aswell. 

0 Likes
Brendon M
First Poster
Options

Hi where can I find the connectivity app

0 Likes
Brendon M
First Poster
Options

Is the connectivity app the smart thing app?

0 Likes