Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch 46mm Battery Drain after Update

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 01:21 PM)
Phil Lindoe
Journeyman
Options

Could someone please advise on what is going on.

I used to get up to 4/5 days usage out of my watch. I had an update yesterday, after the update the watch wouldnt charge.

I turned it off and back on again and it would then charge, problem over I thought.  Now the battery drain is extreme.

I woke up this morning and it was at 15%.  Charged it up to over 60%, went out for a walk and now down to 35%.

Back on charge.  This is ridiculous.

How can I reverse the update and see what the battery performance is like then?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Phil Lindoe
Journeyman
Options

I backed up my watch via the app then uninstalled the connectivity app and the gear app
Reset the watch
connected the phone back to the watch (took a while as I didnt delete the connectivity app at first - this seemed the key part)

Now the battery drain is back to normal

Suggest those struggling try this.

Not sure why Samsung arent doing anything about this  😞

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Phil Lindoe
Journeyman
Options

This is where mine was stuck for ages

Make sure you uninstall all the gear apps and addons and reinstall

I do remember having to do this ages ago now, its a pain in the a55.

If you just reinstall the gear wearable app and try to connect it will ask you for the companion app or connect addon.

View solution in context

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33
Alfsdad
Voyager
Options
I did the update on my watch yesterday. Charged it up yesterday afternoon following the update. Showing just now 74%. Working OK. I did check all the settings on the watch and in the Wear App to ensure nothing had been altered.
0 Likes
Phil Lindoe
Journeyman
Options

Did you charge up to 100%?

Not sure why it should change any settings, but not sure what settings would cause battery drain like what I have experienced?!!??!

0 Likes
Alfsdad
Voyager
Options
Yes charged up to 100%. I have a sim card in the watch connected when needed to 4G, then when at home to the WiFi. I normally charge mine using it this way every 2½ to 3 days. One of the updates in the download was the way Notification function works and also now linking the watch to Smart Things App.
0 Likes
Phil Lindoe
Journeyman
Options

Well not working for me.

Just charged to 100%, now down to 87% and done nothing

Need to wind it back a firmware, not sure how to?!?!?!

0 Likes
Alfsdad
Voyager
Options
Unfortunately that's something I don't know anything about. Never had to do this with any of my Samsung phones etc over the last 10 years.
Just a thought have you tried switching of the watch then restarting it. There was also a number of Apps for the watch to update in the Galaxy Store.
0 Likes
Phil Lindoe
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, had to do that after the first update as it wouldnt charge.  The restart sorted that out.

down to 76% now after doing nothing special with it.  Something is defo wrong here.

Thanks for the help though :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Alfsdad
Voyager
Options
Sorry I did not have the answer. Good luck.
0 Likes
Phil Lindoe
Journeyman
Options

IS your HR monitor set to continuous or every 10 mins?

Just noticed it was set to continuous, not sure what it was before this?!?!?!

Cheers

0 Likes
LJF2
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy watch is the same, wouldn't charge so tried a different charger. Managed to get it up to 73% 50mins later it is on 15%. I did the update this morning

0 Likes