Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46 mm (SM-R805F) - Heart rate lens cover fell off

(Topic created on: 01-07-2021 12:22 PM)
Mattias Öhman - SWE
First Poster
Options

Hi, reading Samsung Community forums around the world I realize that I'm not alone experiencing the problem that the heart rate lens cover will fall off, It's not a matter of if, only a matter of when. The cover fell off my Galaxy Watch, unfortunately I didn't notice until the watch stopped working because I got water in it, probably from washing my hands.

Now Samsung says that since the watch is water damaged, I have to pay for the repair, even though I claim the three-year consumer warranty because a watch should not let water in that easy. I paid 400 EUR for the watch in february 2019 and I think you can guess what my recommendation about Samsung wearables will be? 

Anybody else in EU having the same problem with Samsung Warranty?

I really hope that Samsung will reconsider and solve this for me without any cost.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Mattias Öhman - SWE
First Poster
Options

Warning! After mailing with Samsung, all help that I got from them is that I now have to pay 40 EUR to get my broken Galaxy Watch back... To bad that Samsung US will help their customers, but not Samsung Nordic

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-Watch-Sensor-Cover-Fell-Off/td-p/649307

I will not recommend anyone to buy a Samsung smartwatch since you can not use it daily, even though its supposed to take water to 5 ATM/IP68...

0 Likes