Did you mean: 

Original topic:

GALAXY WATCH 4

(Topic created on: 10-03-2022 09:05 AM)
Sausage1
Explorer
Options
Wearables
On GW4 when Bluetooth is disconnected there is a small symbol at 12 o clock position which is permanently display when phone is disconnected from watch via Bluetooth. It is mentioned in the manual. The symbol is a phone with a line through it obviously to show the watch is not connected to the phone. How can I get rid of it (without keeping phone permanently Bluetooth connected to GW4) ?
11 REPLIES 11
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
Wearables
if you watch 4 a LTE version you can just turn on wifi and data(network) then that icon will disappear
0 Likes
Sausage1
Explorer
Options
Wearables
Yes, that is my point, I do not want LTE or Bluetooth enabled all of the time. So if LTE & Bluetooth are both disabled, how do I get rid of the 'phone disconnected' symbol?
Sausage1
Explorer
Options
Wearables

GW4 ICON.jpg

How do I get rid of this 'Disconnected Icon' when BLUETOOTH AND LTE are both not enabled?

The symbol looks like a phone with a line/strike through it. Never had this issue on previous Galaxy Watch.

Thanks

0 Likes
Benji96
Pathfinder
Options
Wearables

You can't disable that icon because the watch is meant to be connected to a phone via Bluetooth. I personally don't see the purpose of a wearable with a big screen just for checking the time with it, and not also use it for notifications. Bluetooth, nowadays, doesn't even consume that much power when enabled and connected, it's not called Low Energy for nothing. It doesn't really affect any wearable's or phone's battery runtime.

0 Likes
KKJEMS
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I have wifi and data on, not connected to my phone (its out in the car, im inside at work) and this symbol wont go away. Turned off watch and back on, still there, can't get it to go away.

0 Likes
Benji96
Pathfinder
Options
Wearables

That's because it needs to be connected to the phone via Bluetooth, meaning directly to it. It will appear with the remote connection as well. It is a crossed-out phone, it should be pretty clear what that means - the phone is not nearby.
That icon will only disappear once the watch is connected to the phone via Bluetooth.

0 Likes
grw2201
First Poster
Options
Wearables
I have the same problem with my watch
0 Likes
semiilliterate
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Go to Settings>Connections>Disconnection Alerts, then select None.

0 Likes
Sausage1
Explorer
Options
Wearables
Thanks. But that does not work. The only way is to keep Bluetooth on which I don't use so horrible symbol is always there. Samsung should have a way of hiding this for those that don't have Bluetooth or don't want BT connected.