Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4

(Topic created on: 01-01-2022 09:11 PM)
Rashid81
Journeyman
Options
Hi, Can anyone please recommend Galaxy watch 4 (40mm) battery settings? I have setup power saving mode and It's still not lasting longer. Thanks.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Stayler
First Poster
Options
How long has it been lasting. You can have a watch only mode.
0 Likes
Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options
It also depends on what watch face you are using, if you are having a very bright watch screen and how much information is showing on the watch face. I have the time, date,and battery level of my watch and phone and 2 calendar events showing and my watch last about 2 days. You might also find that downloading watchmaker and doing your own faces might make the watch battery last longer.
0 Likes
Rashid81
Journeyman
Options
It's lasting 14 hours after 100% charging. I have watch 3 and it's lasting 2 days.
0 Likes
Rashid81
Journeyman
Options
Thanks Mark. I will change the watch face with minimum information on screen.
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Agree with Mark on watch faces Could also try turning off the raise to wake option - I find with it on I seem to naturally move my arm in a way that constantly turns on the screen
I also turn off touch to wake at night - again the way I lie in bed the watch face touches my other arm and constantly turns on
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Would also suggest you look at the Samsung Health settings -( Wearable app - watch settings- samsung health ) if you don't need constant checking of heart rate / stress etc then set these to manual if not already
0 Likes
Benji96
Voyager
Options

I have to say from experience with both the Galaxy Watch and the Galaxy Watch4, and a competitor's fitness tracker with only a 70mAh battery, that this "continuous heart rate measurement turned on consumes oh-so-much energy, turn it off to save energy" sentiment is nonsense. The heart rate measurement pretty much doesn't affect the battery runtime on any wearable in my family at all. Not to mention that I disabled the -due to software issues that are desperately waiting to get fixed- faulty continuous measurement and turned it to the ten-minute setting about a week ago and thus have a reference. I use Always-on-Display with either the factory watchface (the "Premium Analog" one that says INITIAL at the top by default) or with the "Analog Dashboard" (according to taste), and it lasts exactly two days with the Always-on-Display enabled between 7am and 10pm. Guess how long it lasted with continuous measurement: Exactly, also exactly two days until it has to be recharged (battery being between 5 and 10 percent in both cases). These sensors consume so little energy and have been consuming so little energy for years at this point, that their setting doesn't actually matter in the slightest. I couldn't even get an hour of difference with the setting varied between being disabled, ten minutes or continuous.

0 Likes