Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 with 4G on Pixel not working

(Topic created on: 01-12-2021 12:50 PM)
almac
Explorer
Options

I have just bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 with 4g, and I have a Pixel 6 Pro, having moved from my Samsung Note20. Not only does the wearable app say that EE will not supply a data plan, I am also reading elsewhere that 4g will only work with a Samsung phone. If that is the case I am pretty annoyed with both - Samsung for not advertising the fact that although the watch will work with other Android phones, that for no reason at all they won't let the 4G work? EE for simply not choosing to supply a data plan option for the Galaxy watch? I am very confused as this all seems very illogical. 

Apparently there is a work around I will try which is to set up the 4g on a Samsung (still got my old S20+) then just swop back - but if that does work it is a very clunky a pointless, Apple-esque proprietary way of acting.

Has anyone had a similar challenge? I am very happy for someone to point out something I am doing/ not doing which is easy, and that I am stupid, and that it all works as it should...

#galaxywatch4g 

4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
0 Likes
almac
Explorer
Options

HI - and thanks

You'd have thought so, but not really. This list is clearly years out of date, but also says that the watch will pair with any device running Android 5 or above. We are now on Android 12 (!?) Also, the watch pairs and works fine - it is ONLY the 4G element that has a problem.

Thanks again :smiling-face:

KholaI
Options

Hey @almac 

I can confirm you'll only be able to use the 4G feature when connected to a Samsung phone. For more information on this, please click on the following link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-set-up-the-4g-connection-on-my-galaxy-wat...

0 Likes
almac
Explorer
Options

Hi Kholal, thanks very much for the response. That is very disappointing and I think Samsung could make that a lot clearer in the marketing. I will be returning the item for a refund, very poor again from Samsung. What is the point of embracing Wear OS and then being proprietary with a 4G connection?