Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 watch faces don't download

(Topic created on: 05-09-2021 04:27 PM)
NeonSparks
Explorer
Options

Some galaxy watch 4 faces won't download, I keep getting network error even though I'm connected to my network. I get the same error on mobile data and WiFi. I've tried restarting phone and watch and still get the same error. Anyone know what's causing this?

65 REPLIES 65
A2LIUS
Student
Options

Just got my watch 4 this morning faced the same problem (Watch faces not downloading in app), followed your post, and it worked for me, the app name is Galaxy Watch4 Manager, you can find it in the App Permissions, under system settings.

chrissyb2209
Apprentice
Options

So can you tell me step by step what you did? I went under galaxy watch4 manager and the camer permission is toggles on to allow only while using app is this correct? Still cant download watch faces

0 Likes
A2LIUS
Student
Options

Device in use: Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Watch: Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Classic

First of all make sure that everything is up to date, System software on phone and watch, google services.

Then go to System setting for the phone, then search and click App Permissions, then find and click Camera Permissions, in there you will find Galaxy Watch4 Manager, toggle to allow. 

And you are pretty much done.

Open the Galaxy Wearable and start downloading the watch faces.

P.S: I'm not completely sure this will work with phones from other brands. As I see it, its a very lame bug, and I'm very disappointed with Samsung, I understand their need to create an ecosystem for their devices, but still they are failing at providing for the very basic need of a smartwatch user. I hope to see a proper solution soon but not holding my breath on it.

-LOVE-

0 Likes
chrissyb2209
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the help but i am using a google pixel 4a I guess thats why i dont see the options you do ☹️well thanks anyway for trying to help

Derbi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

08/19/2022 and this issue is still ongoing, please WAKE UP SAMSUNG!!

Dltprm
First Poster
Options

Any luck anyone? happening on the galaxy watch 5 pro as well. To be honest I suspect it's because I have a Pixel 6. It seems like the watch faces download "from" the samsung galaxy app store. so not having a samsung phone may be the limitation. That said I can't find the watch faces of interest on the watch either. 

I've read elsewhere people on other phones were able to download those watch faces but as far as I can tell I can't download any watch face that isn't on the google play store. 

0 Likes
Mr_Mosshead
Student
Options

Yes! Ignore the phone app and do all the face changing on the watch directly and it'll work just fine 😃

0 Likes
JanMoris
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. I have an Oneplus 8 pro and cannot download any watchface from my phone to my Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro.

I changed the camera permission for 'Galaxy Watch5 Manager' on my phone, but still no succes.

Changing watchfaces on the phone works, even from the Google-Play-Store. But Samsung watchfaces that were never downloaded (e.g. 'Frontier' or 'Tomcat') are not listed and therefore not an option to chose from.

I tested with a Samung phone, and had no problems. So there must be something wrong with my phone-settings...

Any help would be great!!

0 Likes
Skiflyer
First Poster
Options

Same problem, and can't download these faces directly on the watch either because they're not in the play store. This used to work for me, even a couple months ago.

0 Likes
chrissyb2209
Apprentice
Options

There is a new galaxy watch4 Plugin update after updating i can now download watch faces again 

0 Likes