Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 warrenty

(Topic created on: 04-07-2022 12:17 AM)
Members_GDi6QvQ
First Poster
Options

I'm sending my galaxy watch 4 of tomorrow for a new battery as this one only lasts about 8 hours.

Do I need to show proof of purchase for the warrenty to be valid?

I bought it off ebay so I don't have a physical receipt but I do have the screen shot saying I purchased it. It has the date, price, name of item purchased, delivery address and name of the person who sold it to me.

Thanks

Galaxy Watch4 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I can't be certain but they usually do require a purchase receipt if you want the repair done free of charge under warranty. They might charge you otherwise under their terms & conditions.
If the seller on ebay, claimed that it was still under warranty. Then the seller should have supplied you with the original receipt.
There's no excuse for a seller to say that they purchased it from Samsung.com so didn't get a receipt. They would have got one.
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Depends. Technically then if they asked for proof of purchase then they'd want the original purchase receipt rather than an Ebay resale as there's the possibility that its a refurb item. However, if they item warranty was registered online with Samsung then the original date of purchase may be recorded there. Also, the Watch 4 hasn't been out for a year yet so any manufacturer faults will fall within the statutory warranty period anyway.
0 Likes