Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 update

(Topic created on: 07-10-2021 12:01 PM)
paolomario
Pioneer
Options

Hi

Does anybody know when we can expect the newest update for Galaxy Watch 4 in the UK?
Apparently the new update fixes problems with overheating (LTE versions). The latest update I've got on my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic (46mm LTE) comes from 3rd September. 
This man shows in his today's video how it improves the watch. But he lives in Germany. Maybe they get updates quicker.

https://youtu.be/afQwkCag37Y 

My watch gets overheated few seconds after I start to play music on Spotify (when  disconnected from my smartphone and using LTE, and bluetooth headphones) and it goes into Flight Mode. The same when I try to make a phone-call with my smartwatch (OK, that happens after a minute of talking). 
Really looking forward to seeing new update.

19 REPLIES 19
Marty313
Navigator
Options

The update for the Galaxy Watch 4 classic 46 mm LTE arrived to today (in Norway). Unfortunately, the documentation did not state what has been fixed. I checked sports tracking: Same problem as before that kayaking is just heart rate but no Watch GPS. (Interestingly, the Kayaking health tracking app on the phone DOES support GPS. Watch and phone are different!)

Galaxy Watch4 Classic 

Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
Got my update today on EE network. I've tried phone with WiFi location and nfc all set to on, and set up spotify downloading 400 tracks whilst I made a call using LTE. I ended call after about 5 minutes long but no overheating so its looking promising!
paolomario
Pioneer
Options
I also got mine yesterday. But I'm not very happy with the observation. My watch still gets very worm when using 4G. Uncomfortably worm. I tried to stream music from Spotify and listen to it via bluetooth headphones connected to the watch and yes, it can handle more songs (previously I had a message about overheating after only few seconds of playing). But the watch didn't stay cool, and battety was going down quickly.
I had wi-fi off (and my smartphone obviously disconnected from my smartwatch).
Funny thing, that the message about overheating poped up when I got my watch connected back again to the smarthone.
I will do few more tests later and see if that's going to happen again.
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
Hopefully things improve over time. Mine was warm I have a battery monitor on my watch face and it went from about 25 to 37 degrees whilst doing the test. I think the spotify app is a battery killer and needs optimising as whilst I tested the downloading and playing it for a few minutes later to test something else it took 20% of my battery usage since last charge.
Daniel643
First Poster
Options

I have just purchased a Galaxy Watch4 Classic - I am having difficulty with my double press on the home button which I have set for Google Pay. It only works some of the time - any suggestions please.

0 Likes
Magnus74
First Poster
Options
I'm still on bui5, since September
0 Likes
RaVeNZ1
Student
Options

Hi

I'm in South Africa - got the new update - changed absolutely nothing - watch overheats in less than a minute, whenever there's weak LTE coverage.

Gave the watch in for repairs at Vodacom (the SA version of Vodafone) - just got it back after nearly 2 weeks. 
Vodacom feedback: Unit not faulty - software updated.

Knew they wouldn't test it thoroughly - watch still has exactly the same problems.

EXTREMELY disappointed in Samsung - this is an expensive piece of hardware & you feel nervous wearing it, apprehensive of the next overheating session...

Faz1964
Apprentice
Options

Anyone like me still having their watch overheat in a low LTE signal area still?

0 Likes
RaVeNZ1
Student
Options

I got my Watch 4 back today from Samsung Repairs, because of the overheating problem - main board replaced + battery + cover.

I will keep you posted with regards, to it still overheating or not - just having a spot of bother to connect the watch to the cellular network - see if I can sort it out tomorrow.

Faz1964
Apprentice
Options
Mine went back to Samsung yesterday. 🤞
0 Likes