Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Treadmill function broken !!!!!

(Topic created on: 22-03-2022 09:59 AM)
Nara44
Student
Options

Hi, I know there are a few posts about this but.,...

I got a Galaxy Watch 4 for Christmas 2021. The main workouts I do are treadmill running. The treadmill function worked fine until about a month ago when it stopped tracking distances correctly. 

Now the further I run the less accurate it is!! I did 8k today and the watch said 6k!!

So now I have a pointless ~£270 watch I can't use as I mainly do treadmill running only. Any chance of fixing this or will I have to ask for a refund for this now pointless watch!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
The Galaxy Watch 4 uses location tracking to measure distance, so it won't provide accurate readings You could perhaps test outside running for a more accurate reading
0 Likes
Nara44
Student
Options

Why did it work just fine for 2 months then? 

And had I known the treadmill function was a waste of time I wouldn't have bought the watch! 

0 Likes
adamonsscommunity
Journeyman
Options

I was regretting moving from a Garmin running watch to the GW4, too.  I do 90% of my running on the treadmill and the distance was MILES out. 

I've recently switched from Samsung Health to Gear Tracker II - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.limegreenv.geartracker

When you complete an indoor run in this app, it automatically gives you a "calibrate" option, which allows you to adjust the distance for your activity and saves your treadmill adjustment (e.g. if you calibrate + 10%, it will use 110% of the logged distance for future runs both for data posted e.g. to Strava and for the on-screen displayed data while running).  

Great little app - converts the GW4 into the running watch it SHOULD be!