Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 - this watch isn't supported on this phone

(Topic created on: 30-08-2021 10:47 AM)
lipas22
Journeyman
Options

Hi anyone can help please. 

I can't pair galaxy watch 4 with Samsung S20 ultra 5g (Snapdragon).

After pair code confirmation I have pop up message -

"this watch isn't supported on this phone"

Galaxy watch 3 works perfectly fine but new watch 4 has problem witch compatibility with Samsung device. I don't know what should I do. I need solution asap because need to send old watch or return new one due to this issue. I tried customer support but they have no clue why this happened. 

40 REPLIES 40
Oliver_C
Pioneer
Options

I have the same issue.

0 Likes
Jack the Ranger
Journeyman
Options

Locking region is such a idiotic decision made by samsung. Don't see any benefit by doing this. Have already returned my watch 4 amd got my refund. Will switch to apple next time. Byebye samsung.

0 Likes
StanleyTJH
First Poster
Options

I have a Huawei Mate 20Pro paired with Galaxy Watch 4(40mm). At first when trying to pair it show error for "this watch isn't supported on this phone". So my solution is unpair my device then log into samsung health apps. In the apps on top of it, click on the 3dots > select setting > Accessories > select Galaxy Watch4 > Register. 
This resolve the problem. Hope this solution help you and other user facing this issues too.

Jack the Ranger
Journeyman
Options

Hey dude, thanks for the reply. But unfortunately, I'm using the snapdragon version s21 ultra, which samsung fixed those work around, I even tried the modified samsung wearable app app,  and samsung dont even let that app run. For our snapdragon samsung user, the only thing we can do is to return that *****, and hope they don't make stupid decision like that in the future. 

0 Likes
Michaelwxa
First Poster
Options

Thank you, this worked for me when i have the issue and tried many ways. I used Samsung health to register GW4 (at the time, wearable app is installed) and start the process to download plugin app and wear OS app. my phone is Xiaomi 11U. Thanks for the tip. 

0 Likes
getdancing
Apprentice
Options

same problem, I have China version S20+ and brought watch4 from UK. So sad that I can't use it. Hope samsung fix that.

0 Likes
getdancing
Apprentice
Options

me too, Chinese version S20+ and UK version watch4, could you leave your email or wechat id so we can discuss further?

0 Likes
KKzGh0st
Apprentice
Options

Here are the steps (as I remember them) I took to get my Galaxy Watch 4 paired and working on my Chinese S21 Ultra (running BRI-Taiwan firmware).
1. Uninstall Wear OS and Samsung Wearable apps (I uninstalled all plugins when prompted).
2. Install Wear OS by Google (China) from apkmirror.
3. Restart phone.
4. Check permissions on Wear OS (location is probably necessary)
5. Open Wear OS and in the menu (3-dots in upper right corner) check the box for "Show all devices when pairing"
6. Scan for devices (sorry, I forget the exact language)
7. Tap your Watch 4 when it appears in the list (you might need to reset your watch before this will work, depending on previous failures to pair)
8. (Here's where my memory is sketchy) I think Wear OS prompted me to accept some terms and an alternate map or search provider which I did.
9. I seem to remember the Wear OS app looping or hanging (not finishing the pairing), but when I opened my bluetooth device screen, my Watch appeared to be paired but not connected.
10. I think I remember force-stopping the Wear OS app.
11. From the bluetooth connections menu (long press on bluetooth icon from the pull down), I touched my Galaxy Watch4 (unique ID) which appeared in the "Paired devices" section to connect it.
12. I seem to remember my phone needed to install and update to the built-in Galaxy Wearable app which I allowed.
13. From there, my memory is extremely hazy, but I think that once the updates and Watch4 plugin were reinstalled (by the Galaxy Wearable app), my Watch4 was paired and connected and it's been working perfectly ever since.

I sincerely hope this helps someone as I couldn't be happier with my Watch4 now that it's paired and connected. Good luck everyone!

Jack the Ranger
Journeyman
Options

I think this is the first time someone ever have a tutorial on how to pair the watch with snapdragon s21ultra. Nice dude. Too bad I already RMA the stupid watch, and I dont plan to but it again. Who knows what those idiotic samsung engineers will do in the furture, maybe they will block this method in the next update or sth even dumber. 

0 Likes
getdancing
Apprentice
Options

That worked on my uk version watch4 and chinese version s20+. Thanks!  You are genius!!