Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Tattoo Issue

(Topic created on: 28-02-2022 12:33 AM)
MonroeInBeta
Journeyman
Options

I thought I'd post this to help many others out there in the community that have had issues with their Galaxy Watch 4 and tattoos. 

I have tried a multitude of things, including using the 25mm epoxy dots. This helped somewhat, but stopped the ECG and body composition working. So I trialled a few things, like cutting the epoxy dot smaller and trying to get the watch to remain on to receive all notifications but also allow the heart rate, ECG and body composition to work. I found by covering the rear centre sensor you still needed direct contact to skin for all other notifications - hence why the 25mm epoxy dots didn't work for the body composition. 

I purchased 10mm x 1.5mm clear silicone bumpers, what they use in carpentry for stopping cupboard doors slamming shut. By placing one 10mm bumper in the centre of the sensor on the back, all notifications worked, and the HR, BC, ECG all worked including NFC. The watch also charges with these in place. 

Hope this helps people who like myself may be tattooed or scarred. And for reference, I am heavily tattooed shoulder to wrist in solid black and burgundy ink, heavily scarred and my watch now works without issue. 

17 REPLIES 17
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
That's amazing if the ECG is all working correctly 😀
0 Likes
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options
Great Post. 👍 like yourself, I have a heavily tattooed sleeve and sometimes have issues with the sensors on the watch.

Could you by any chance post a picture of how you've resolved this issue using the bumper please?
0 Likes
MonroeInBeta
Journeyman
Options

20220228_211251.jpg

20220228_211543.jpg

TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options
That's great thank you 😊

Looking at the second picture, are the silicone bumpers flat or dome shaped?

Just looking at purchasing some now to try out.
0 Likes
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options
Also could you tell me where you purchased them from and possibly a link please?

All the ones I've found are domed and not flat.
0 Likes
MonroeInBeta
Journeyman
Options

They are ever so slightly dome shape and nestle into the skin softly. Look for "Self-Adhesive Silicone Feet Bumpers Stops Door Cupboard Drawer Cabinet" on eBay. Only a dollar or two for a pack.  

MonroeInBeta
Journeyman
Options
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options
That's great thank you 😊 from the second picture, they look flat though good to know I don't have to worry if they are slightly domed 👍
0 Likes
MonroeInBeta
Journeyman
Options

20220301_094826.jpg

0 Likes