Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy watch 4 taking calls in Bluetooth headset not working

(Topic created on: 26-08-2021 02:41 PM)
sparkyram
Apprentice
Options

Hi.. when ever I take any calls on phone I can see an option to transfer the phone to my galaxy watch 4 and I am able to take calls in watch loudspeaker.even though watch is connected to galaxy buds pro the calls always works in loudspeaker...i have enabled both calls and audio output to my headset in the watch settings..tried with bose 700 headphones and it's the same issue.. any solutions?

Go to solution
83 REPLIES 83
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Thanks makes perfect sense glad you figured it out
personalprem
First Poster
Options

the solution provided is only for LTE version, it has to be fixed for Bluetooth version, when we select routing the calls to connected Bluetooth device in watch, it should go without any workarounds... like music (spotify) it should use the external earphone/buds.

xXLARXx
Explorer
Options

I see that the bluetooth headset is indeed connected for calls and music audio but if you are using your phone to make calls to the watch via wifi or bluetooth the call comes through the watch speaker only.

There appears to be no option to switch to headset during the call. 

0 Likes
xXLARXx
Explorer
Options

LTE watch makes calls fine through bluetooth headset but with overheating issues.

Making calls through phone or watch using wifi/bluetooth NOT LTE (using an LTE watch) call will route through watch loud speaker but not the connected bluetooth headset (no overheating issues)

0 Likes
xXLARXx
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately, this won't solve the issue for the non LTE version of the watch. 

sparkyram
Apprentice
Options
Guys..did someone found any solution???
0 Likes
Ish1990
First Poster
Options

So I've figured it out for the bluetooth only watch version. I believe someone has already given a workaround for the LTE watch. 

So anyway here is what I did. I paired my JBL UA earbuds DIRECTLY TO THE PHONE, so now my phone is connected to both my Galaxy watch 4 and the bluetooth earbuds. The watch says connected for calls while the bluetooth headset says connected for calls and media. This can be adjusted via the gear icon next to the connected device. 

So now when someone calls, it rings both in my bluetooth headset and watch, so the name and number also display on the watch. When I pick the call with the headset then I can use the headset to talk and hear the call as opposed to the watch loudspeaker. This also works if the call is picked via the watch, you will see the Bluetooth headset icon on the green call accept button on the watch. But please note, this only works if the Bluetooth headset/buds are connected to the phone directly alongside the watch and NOT if the buds are connected to the watch.

Hope this helps!

xXLARXx
Explorer
Options

Thanks, I'll give these steps a try.

0 Likes
Steven Bell
Journeyman
Options

Just got my new Galaxy Ear buds (main purpose is so I can hear calls when away from phone) and can hear audio fine, just not phone calls.  Phone is not even paired with Buds.

0 Likes
BigJohn254
First Poster
Options

Have the same problem with the watch 3 lte.

When in standalone can make calls through bluetooth earbuds (Galaxy buds pro)

When pair to phone only have option to switch to phone.

And Buds cant pair to phone and watch at the same time...

0 Likes