Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 suddenly not recording proper sleep

(Topic created on: 19-08-2022 09:05 PM)
m570
Explorer
Options
So I've had my watch 4 for a few months now and everything has worked fine up until a few days ago, when it suddenly stopped recording my proper sleep information.
I keep checking it each morning where I know I've slept for around 7-8 hours, however it's only recording my sleeps from 2/3am until I wake up, sometimes it won't register until 4am.
Has anyone else had this issue as I'm finding it rather frustrating.
I've checked all of my settings and my watch has the latest update as well!

EDIT: I've had to manually record my sleep over the last few nights as despite wearing my watch exactly as directed to, its stopped tracking my sleep altogether 😒
11 REPLIES 11
DavidMoors
Apprentice
Options

In several months use, it has only ever recorded a full night's sleep on 4 or 5 occasions. On those few occasions showed a surprisingly accurate and typical sleep pattern. Sometimes no sleep at all, typically 2-4 hours and always in the later part of the night. The several software updates have made no difference, nor has changing any settings suggested by Samsung support or others. Basically useless for sleep tracking.

I bought it to replace a Garmin, which is equally useless for sleep tracking. If I take it off on waking up and put it on the bedside cabinet, it records that the cabinet sleeps for several more hours. I never realised that bedside cabinets had a heartbeat or blood oxygen 🙂

I bought the Garmin to replace a Fitbit. The Fitbit device itself worked pretty well, but would regularly fail to sync its data with their server. Seemingly a problem with their server capacity failing to keep up with sales of devices.

0 Likes
TopCop72
First Poster
Options

I'm have the same issue, I have turned off automatic sleep detection and turn on sleep manually and it still doesn't record but maybe 2 hours out of a 8 hour sleep, but the heart keeps up just fine... So as far as the no contact with skin, that is a farce....

K. McCoy
0 Likes