Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 suddenly not recording proper sleep

(Topic created on: 20-08-2022 10:35 AM)
m570
Explorer
Options
So I've had my watch 4 for a few months now and everything has worked fine up until a few days ago, when it suddenly stopped recording my proper sleep information.
I keep checking it each morning where I know I've slept for around 7-8 hours, however it's only recording my sleeps from 2/3am until I wake up, sometimes it won't register until 4am.
Has anyone else had this issue as I'm finding it rather frustrating.
I've checked all of my settings and my watch has the latest update as well!

EDIT: I've had to manually record my sleep over the last few nights as despite wearing my watch exactly as directed to, its stopped tracking my sleep altogether 😒
11 REPLIES 11
DH40
Explorer
Options
Hi,

I had this issue along with GPS tracking on strava, all it was is I accidentally had it in power saving mode might be worth a look

On the Apps screen, tap Settings.

Tap Battery.

Tap Power saving.

Alternatively, tap the Battery icon on the quick panel to activate power saving mode.

0 Likes
m570
Explorer
Options
I've had my watch in Power Saving mode since I got it as the battery without it is absolutely awful, and ita never been a problem 😫
DH40
Explorer
Options
I understand that 100% but with watch updates you don't know what's been changed try it in normal power mode tonight
0 Likes
scooby555
Journeyman
Options
Best thing get the watch 5 pro I've used mine solid since yesterday full brightness and not in any power save mode recored my sleep and messed around with the other health features GPS on and it's absolutely amazing battery life definitely worth considering.
Hope this helps
0 Likes
m570
Explorer
Options
That was last night with power saving mode off, it's still only recording a couple of hours Screenshot_20220820-103818_Samsung Health.jpg
0 Likes
m570
Explorer
Options
I've had to manually record my sleep the last few nights as its completely stopped tracking now 😒
I wear my watch exactly as directed yet it doesn't work 🙃Screenshot_20220822-135825_Samsung Health.jpg
0 Likes
Members_GThn5vF
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue and i'm pretty certain its the recent samsung health update thats broken it..

i've included a couple of screen shots where you can see on the 18th my watch stopped recording sleep. on the 21st i did a factory reset on my watch and it tracked my sleep that night. on the 22nd it auto updated all the apps and stopped recording my sleep. on the 23rd i did another factory reset and it recorded my sleeep again. and last night the 24th after my apps once again auto uodated it stopped tracking my sleep.

i know the sensors are working though because my watch will track my heartrate all through the night. as you can see in the screenshots ive provided .Screenshot_20220824-063040_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20220824-063237_Samsung Health.jpg

the fact its recording my heart rate through the night indicates that my watch is keeping good contact with my wrist. and that it records sleep after a factory reset but stops as soon as the app is updated to the latest version makes me pretty certain it is the app thats busted.

0 Likes
ht247
First Poster
Options
Mine stopped recording on the 18th also? Very annoying.
0 Likes
mrsc771
First Poster
Options

Mine stopped working on the 18th as well. I did a factory reset. Nothing has worked to get it working again. I've just had the watch gor 4 months. Very unhappy.

0 Likes