Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 sudden battery drain

(Topic created on: 23-10-2021 05:23 PM)
mark770
Voyager
Options
Since yesterday my watch 4 has suddenly developed mega battery drain for no apparent reason. Fully charged at 11pm last night and down to 15% by 10am today with no change to any settings. Fully charged it again until approx 2pm and in 3hrs the battery has drained by almost 50%. This is significant and is going to pose huge problems being able to wear the watch for even a working day
#battery #galaxywatch4
100 REPLIES 100
hennosch
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here since yesterday. Watch dead after 11 hours with no change. Before this could almost reach two days. 

mark770
Voyager
Options
It's ridiculous that this seems such a widespread issue that nobody from #Samsung seems to be even acknowledging the issue. If a factory reset worked for me then surely a software update could resolve or prevent others from having this problem.
0 Likes
Christa8
Journeyman
Options

When I did the factory reset it worked fine again for about two weeks but started doing  the same thing again yesterday so I did another factory reset.  This is crazy to have to do this for a brand new watch. This is my 3rd Samsung watch and I am so very dissapointed.  

mark770
Voyager
Options

It is totally ridiculous that you are having to do this repeatedly yet Samsung appear to be offering zero in terms of resolution. Let's face it the watches aren't exactly cheap so for it to be at least working as it should isn't a lot to ask for.

0 Likes
Sociopath415
Pioneer
Options

From what I have noticed, just before the battery drain watch usualy stops counting steps and recording workouts. Is it just me or anyone else noticed something similar? When I see that the step count is not working, I turn my watch off and on again and boom of it goes from like 85 per cent to total shut off and empty battery in an hour  or so. I charge it, turn it on again and it's good for a week, sometimes 4 to 5 days. And then it starts over. It's so annoying that this usually happens just before workouts, so it means I have to postpone it for a few hours and wait for the watch to go off, wait for it to charge, and only then proceed to what I planned. 

mark770
Voyager
Options
So many battery issues that it's unbelievable. Have you tried the reset option? Fixed mine and 🤞I have had no issues since. Granted you shouldn't have the inconvenience but in 10 mins you may have a watch that can actually function as its meant to for once. I feel your frustration as I use mine quite heavily for the health options and monitoring
0 Likes
Lasqa
Apprentice
Options

That happened to me Today. 100% at 10 am and after 8hrs 15% and than drop a % every 5 mins. Beforehand I was getting 30 for full day... Hopefully won't have to reset it. Will do a test tmr.

mark770
Voyager
Options
Hopefully you are all good but your scenario sounds uncannily familiar 😔
0 Likes
dialatech
First Poster
Options

My issue is my rapid that yours. I got the Watch 4 Classic 46mm for xmas. It was fine until yesterday. It was 100% at 8am but by 10am it was 0%. I charged it again last night..It was 100% at 10pm last night and it was dead by 11pm..1 Hour to drain to 0%.

mark770
Voyager
Options
Shockingly bad and you would think Samsung would have addressed this issue by now with it being so widespread
0 Likes