Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch 4 struggling to get email to work on it

(Topic created on: 21-08-2021 12:20 AM)
Heanster
Explorer
Options

Got my Watch4 today and paired it to my Galaxy Fold 2. The Fold has Samsung email on it as well as Gmail but neither app transferred onto the watch during setup. Since then I have had no luck - even trying Samsung Support.  The website instruction 'From the watch's Home screen, navigate to Email.' doesn't work because there is no Email tab anywhere on the Watch4. The next suggestion was to go to Galaxy Store on the paired phone and select the Watch tab. This too proved to be not possible as there was no 'Watch tab' ' on the Galaxy Store home page.

Samsung Support are due to call me back tomorrow; you would imagine that Samsung Email and Gmail would be compatible as the OS is Samsung/Google but without access to emails  the watch will be returned and I will go back to Tizen. Galaxy Watch4 

Currently using Galaxy Z Fold 2 and Galaxy Watch 4

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LionBerks
Pioneer
Options
Hi. I'm not currently using email on my Watch 4, but have you tried MS Outlook? When logging into the app store on your phone, click on the apps tab and type outlook, at this point your should see a filter called watch which you can click on and it then shows compatible apps. I've also just seen a banner on the play store titled welcome to Wear OS, if you click this it only shows watch apps. Hope this helps.

View solution in context

Solution
LionBerks
Pioneer
Options
Have you added your accounts to Outlook in the phone app, I've just added my Gmail without any issue. When you first login skip passed adding an outlook account and you then get an option to add a Google account.

View solution in context

Solution
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Surely you don't need any dedicated app for email? I've had a wear OS watch for a few years and messages, WhatsApps, emails etc all just come through automatically?

View solution in context

48 REPLIES 48
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Is the Watch now able to access the Playstore  ?

Another member recently posted it can.

If so is there anything in the Playstore you can download onto the Watch for email.

I'm interested to see a resolution for this as I'm currently interested in the Samsung Galaxy Watch ⁴ Classic.

I currently use the Samsung Gear³ Frontier Watch and receive emails on that Watch which I'd want to continue @Heanster 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Solution
LionBerks
Pioneer
Options
Hi. I'm not currently using email on my Watch 4, but have you tried MS Outlook? When logging into the app store on your phone, click on the apps tab and type outlook, at this point your should see a filter called watch which you can click on and it then shows compatible apps. I've also just seen a banner on the play store titled welcome to Wear OS, if you click this it only shows watch apps. Hope this helps.
Heanster
Explorer
Options
Hi yes tried that, Outlook is already installed on the watch but seems to have no way to change anything on it. It just constantly says email is up to date (even though I don't have an Outlook email account)

Solution
LionBerks
Pioneer
Options
Have you added your accounts to Outlook in the phone app, I've just added my Gmail without any issue. When you first login skip passed adding an outlook account and you then get an option to add a Google account.
Heanster
Explorer
Options
Cheers! Sorted thanks a lot. It is unfortunate that Outlook is associated with Hotmail etc so not an obvious place to set up a Gmail account! Google using Microsoft? Lol

0 Likes
LionBerks
Pioneer
Options
Glad it worked for you 🙂
Solution
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Surely you don't need any dedicated app for email? I've had a wear OS watch for a few years and messages, WhatsApps, emails etc all just come through automatically?
LionBerks
Pioneer
Options
From what I can tell you can also enable Gmail notifications in the wearable app so that you still receive email notifications, but I believe you are limited on functionality without Outlook.
Arif76
Journeyman
Options

Outlook is preinstalled, you can add the your Gmail account. There is no gmail available and you cannot download it from the playstore on the watch. Also you will need to download the messages app by Google, otherwise they will not show either. No dedicated WhatsApp app, you will receive notifications though, Telegram is available from the store. I had a TicWatch Pro 3 previously with Wear Os 2 and had all apps working, unfortunately I lost it.

There is no Google assistant, only Bixby, which is limited. I've installed Alexa, just trial app at the moment, works great though.

I was told by Samsung Support more features will be added. 

The watch display is great, very smooth and quick between the apps and screens. The functions that do work, work well, others are limited. Was hoping for more Google apps.

I hope that helps you decide.